LIAN LI PC-A71B or Antec P182

sbir

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I am torn between which of these cases to get. I plan on keeping the case for at least a few years and really want to be comfortable working and upgrading it. I will also be Air cooling. Could anyone that knows about these talk about the pros and cons that might make one better than another for overclocking and just generally working on the system? I can fit either into my budget so money shouldn't be a factor.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I own the Antec P180 (old version), i find it to be good, its quiet... however, it doesnt have much space to move inside the case and cable routing and initial setup is a pain in the arse.

Im looking at getting the Lian Li A70B when i get the money. Its cheaper than the A71 and the only difference is the A70 doesnt have a front door (which i hate) but im getting its cause its massive (heaps of open space in the case) the air flow potential and the expandability (heaps of space for 5.25 drives and 3.5 drives).

Personally after dealing with the P180 youll get sick of it, whereas i think the A70 will be a pleasure to work with. Get the A70

bobwya

May 21, 2005

I have the older 6077 model and I think the revision model the A70 is the better choice... Doors are grandma's that don't use their PCs much!!

As for the P182 a friend bought this recently... I have to say I was impressed by the looks. I would never buy one as I don't go for all that plastic (the whole front is plastic)....

I would save yourself some dosh and get the A70 model. Its like people that buy cases with windowed sides - its just a source of EMI!!

Bob