What do I need to connect to this router?

nkarasch

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
I know nothing about networking. Nothing. Newegg has this router on sale http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122273. Is this what I want to connect to 2 pc's wirelessly and a 360 through ethernet?

If so what do I need in the computers to connect to it wirelessly? I'm going for cheap here, speed isn't incredibly important.

I live out in the boonies in the midwest and my only option has been dial-up up til now, 13 years of dial-up sucks. We just got broadband through the power lines and we are testing it out at the 256k speed. Seems reliable, might crank it up to 1mbit soon. Either way I am really happy to have decent access finally.

G

It's not too clear from your link which product you mean. You certainly need what is called a wireless router -- but in your case you probably need to specify it more closely for the system you are connecting it to.

Assuming that the feed via the power lines terminates at a modem like in a cable feed, probably a wireless router intended for cable (not ADSL) will be appropriate.

Netgear is a decent brand, but I would ask your internet provider what they recommend or supply as this will simplify things for a newbie.