Taskbar probs after setting up home network

a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2005 9:38:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hiya,

After setting up a home network earlier today (this + 1 other comp) I
noticed that one of my taskbar icons, for motherboard monitor 5, was
missing.

I looked at 'customize notifications' for the taskbar and the icons &
textstrings are mismatched for previous itms - eg against proxomitron
it says "you have new mail". Current items are correct but I dont know
how many more are missing besides motherboard monitor 5.

When I went to program files & into the motherboard monitor 5 folder
(thinking the shortcut was corrupted) the program just doesn't start -
anyone got any ideas please?

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2005 9:51:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:38:54 +0100, John Latter
<jorolat@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Hiya,
>
>After setting up a home network earlier today (this + 1 other comp) I
>noticed that one of my taskbar icons, for motherboard monitor 5, was
>missing.
>
>I looked at 'customize notifications' for the taskbar and the icons &
>textstrings are mismatched for previous itms - eg against proxomitron
>it says "you have new mail". Current items are correct but I dont know
>how many more are missing besides motherboard monitor 5.
>
>When I went to program files & into the motherboard monitor 5 folder
>(thinking the shortcut was corrupted) the program just doesn't start -
>anyone got any ideas please?

er, just tried motherboard monitor 5 again & its come back - 'nother
thing though, I also run vcool & since setting up the network I've had
to manually start it, wonder if there's some connection cos both these
programs access temperatures & stuff?