Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Just another one of my thoughts...

Why dont Toms have a power supply chart...

We have hard disks, processors, video cards what about PSU's

As all power supplies are not created equal, why dont we have a list of power supplies with the best constant level of power, better components inside and how stable they are. Then categorize them in wattage output and have a best in class...

The powersupply in my opinion is the most underlooked item in computers with most peoples attitude that all 500 watts are the same.... etc etc

Then compare them to pc manufacturers computers such as Dell, HP, Acer etc...

Maybe its such a huge task that Toms will not take it on as there are loads of manufacturers....

But i feel this has been overlooked

Torbjorn

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2007
Hello
There is a nice collection of information in the power supplies section of the Forums. The qulity of powersupplies vary alot so when I bought my last one I used this list from the powersupplies forum as a reference: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

Its not exactly a review of the different PSU´s but its still a nice guide, so you end up in the right market segment atleast. To the question why Toms doesnt have a chart of PSU´s, I dont really know.

Best regards
Torbjörn

Gh0stDrag0n

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
After reading the CPU heatsink reviews, do you really want them to attempt PSUs? For some good PSU reviews and links check jonnyguru.com

...Also check frostytech.com for CPU heatsink reviews. THG's attempt is deplorable.

mi1ez

Splendid
I agree, why make your own PSU chart when there's already one out there, that's been worked on for months/years, that everyone on your site already knows about and links to?