doarules

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
Hey guys,
I'm interested in buying some corsair memory. I want 4 gigs the problem is the pc shops only give me 2 choices:

a) 2 sticks of pc6400C5 (2gig each)
or
b) 4 sticks of pc6400C4 (1gig each)

I know C4 is faster, but won't it be negligible as i will have 4 sticks of ram as compared to C5 where i will have 2 sticks. Also the C5 is a bit cheaper :p.

And on a side note, can someone tell me that this ram will hold out with gaming, i had a friend tell me about her corsair memory dieing due to extensive gaming.. at least thats what the computer store told her.

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008

DO NOT EVER GO BACK TO THAT STORE. Memory can go bad but it won't be from a specific type of use, that's just FUD. You can use memory just as extensively doing anything else where you are using your computer to it's potential, has not a **** thing to do with gaming specifically.

On another note, I would recommend 2 x 2GB of memory therefore leaving you room to upgrade your memory without need to buy excessive sticks, just adding 2 more.

doarules

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
Wow thanks for all the replys guys. I will point out that i'm not interested in over clocking at this point in time. Thanks for the advice on that though. And yer boonality i was thinking the same thing as you, thanks for the conformation.

zeuseason

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008

/agree here :D