how far can i push AMD 6000+ D/C

swat9uk

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
hi there normaly i use this uguru program to incress my performance if needed with its standerd settings or the highist is turbo 216mhz ext clock it says at 1.49v for the cpu ,
i dont normally overclock but as you can tell i dont do the mathamatics but i would like to crack it up a bit would anyone have any advice for me ,eather a program like uguru what might be better, you can imput the setting man but i wouldnt relly like to play with the voltage side without knowing the right input , i dont fancy holding a fire extisher ready on next reboot , lol ill list my some details just in case

AMD 6000+ D/C
ABIT AN9 32X MOTHERBOARD FATIL1TY
3 GIG 6400 MEMORY 3X 1 GIG STICKS
NVIDA 7950 GT OC 512 MB
250 GB SATA H.D
600W PSU

under turbo mode the cpu volt runs at 1.51v @ 216mhz seems stable and at this temp it holds it temp at 45 c with the akasa evo blue am2 heatsink runing at min rpm 1900 so im relly wondering what could i crank this up to ? or is there another program out there what can easyly crack it up like ugura , thanks for looking

swat9uk

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
lol ok fair point ill bare that one in mind thanks so the best option then would be to somehow work the maths out and try and do this man , ...i ant got a clue i take it with dirfrent mobo you cart just copy someones eles settings ,life is never that easy ,

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
If your wanting to overclock the 6000+ via the BIOS (recommended), have a read through the given post. It's not a guide on overclocking by any means it just gives you hints on how to crank her up and how difficult it can be to keep it stable, even on highish volts.

Your 3.2Ghz is and can be the highest overclock the average user can attain, before getting down to multiple restarts, blue screens of death and patience testing :) etc...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/244862-11-6000