<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe problem

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • System32
  • Ntoskrnl.Exe
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 13, 2010 2:44:43 AM

Hello,i have a small dell laptop that is showing the <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe messege on boot up and wont go in to windows but the pc in question has no cd-rom drive as it is a web book can anyone help all i can input in to it is a usb stick i have already tried boot up software

More about : windows root system32 ntoskrnl exe problem

July 13, 2010 2:53:03 AM

sorry also its on xp and its saying that <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe is missing and to replace it thanks.
m
l
a b \ Driver
July 13, 2010 6:51:07 AM

ciruscov said:
sorry also its on xp and its saying that <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe is missing and to replace it thanks.

[#0005ff]That's a vital file that, as its name implies, lives right at the heart of XP. You won't be able simply to punt this in with a USB stick unless that has an Operating System on it that wll allow you acess to XP and which can play around inside an NTFS file system. Some Linux builds can do this - Google for Damn Small Linux or Linux Puppy, download and burn to a flash drive and slip a copy of ntoskrnl.exe in with it then run that system to smuggle th emissin gfile in.

Unfortunately, I suspect that wil be the first of many missing file messages you'll see and once you put that file in others wil be discovered to be adrift. For that reason, I think you should buy a USB CD ROM and borrow an XP CD so that you can run the command sfc /scannow to repair any missing files inone go.
[/#000ff]
m
l
!