Finding product key

Hello,
the pc i bought says that the product key is unregistered . How do I find the product key ? It is not on the outside .
8 answers Last reply
More about finding product
  1. Have a word with the person you bought it from. They should supply this information.
  2. Magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder
  3. The place says that they cannot find any info on it because I waited too long to ask !

    And is this Magic jelly bean free ?
  4. Yes.
  5. kmjdjm said:
    The place says that they cannot find any info on it because I waited too long to ask !

    And is this Magic jelly bean free ?


    That's a bit of a "I'm too lazy to check for you" reply, did you buy it from 2 guys in a van?

    Do they burn their customer information after a week? If you have any issues, make sure you report them to the BBB and any consumer sites.

    You should be able to just register the PC online with Mircrosoft without entering the key again.
    This is from Microsoft's site:

    How to activate Windows XP by using the Internet
    To activate Windows XP by using an Internet connection, follow these steps:
    Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.
    Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
    Click Yes, let's activate Windows over the Internet now.
    Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
    Use one of the following methods:
    If you want to register and activate Windows at the same time, click Yes, I want to register and activate Windows at the same time, click Read the Windows Registration Privacy Statement, click Back, click Next, type your contact information in the appropriate boxes in the registration form, and then click Next. An asterisk (*) appears next to required information.
    If you only want to activate Windows, click No, I don't want to register now; let's just activate Windows, and then click Next.
    The wizard establishes a connection with an activation server, and then processes the activation request.
    When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK:
    You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.
  6. kmjdjm said:
    Hello,
    the pc i bought says that the product key is unregistered . How do I find the product key ? It is not on the outside .


    Everyone keeps trying to answer this question. Yet its not clear what this means. What version of windows? what messages are you getting? Who did you purchase from? Etc..
  7. FALC0N said:
    Everyone keeps trying to answer this question. Yet its not clear what this means. What version of windows? what messages are you getting? Who did you purchase from? Etc..


    [#0005ff]Registration isn't mandatory. Would you not agree that this is a rather strange message which, if reproduced exactly, could be coming from malware.[/#000ff]
  8. Saga Lout said:
    [#0005ff]Registration isn't mandatory. Would you not agree that this is a rather strange message which, if reproduced exactly, could be coming from malware.[/#000ff]


    But Saga, im not sure he means "registration". Could be malware, could be registration, could be activation. He needs to provide more detailed info.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Windows XP