r01, r02, r03 files etc

scotty140

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
hi there.

i recently downloaded fifa 09 for my psp off utorrent. im having a bt of trouble though. the file it downloaded is around 680mb and when i double click on the folder, it comes up with around 50 different files. around 48 of them are file type: r01, r02, r03 etc untill it gets to around r48. then, there are two different files. the types are: SFV and the other MS INFO DOCUMENT.

whenever i click on any of the r02 r02 etc files, it loads the internet and comes up with a microsoft help page saying:

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

do you know how i would go about making these files work on my psp?

cheers.

4everit

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
:ange: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

sfv - is a checksum package - when you run it it should count your .rar packages and displey OK result.
Once that accomplished - download winrar and install it.

Once you do that - right click on any of the .r1, .r2 etc packages and choose - extract to command.
The compressed content will be extracted.

Anyways - I don't think it is a good idea to let the world know you are downloading copyrighted material of the internet ;)
You could just skip the part about the name of the content you have downloaded - but that is only my opinion.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
sounds like you don't have winrar installed...

Install winrar, and then open the R01 file. It will inturn extract data from all the other RXX files and then let you extract the iso or whatever file is inside.

SizroSpunkmire

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
www.rarlabs.com

Download and install that as mentiond above. All the R** files are basicly a single big file that has been split into 50 or so smaller files. It's done this way to create smaller, more managable download files instead of one big massive file at once.

Install winrar, pick any r** and extract the file like you would any other compressed file. Winrar will rebuild it into one big file while it's being extracted.