Opening Folder shortcust> but opens the search pane

Hi I have a problem with Windows XP Home Edition,

Whenever I click on a folder Icon it doesn't open the folder but it opens
a search pane with the yapping dog. Any ideas how I can change this so
that I open the folders I want??

Much Appreciated

JB
2 answers Last reply
More about opening folder shortcust opens search pane

    Hi

    Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 18 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    James Bond wrote:
    > Hi I have a problem with Windows XP Home Edition,
    >
    > Whenever I click on a folder Icon it doesn't open the folder but it opens
    > a search pane with the yapping dog. Any ideas how I can change this so
    > that I open the folders I want??
    >
    > Much Appreciated
    >
    > JB

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: