ajeeshys

Honorable
May 9, 2012
hey bought APC 1.1KV @ 5200k from ritchie street..
now i turned it on (connected to AC power but no response.. do i need to leave it charging 4 two days as given?

then y doesnt the sata to ide convertor(hardware) not working out.. i bout it 4 my new PC.. but it failed.. so do i need to buy new hard disk?

Solution
Did you connect the battery terminals? UPSs come with their batteries unplugged. Follow the instructions that came with it on hooking up the battery.

As far as leaving it to charge - the battery comes mostly discharged. Any time you turn on the UPS (like for the first time) and every week or so after, it will run a battery test. It's preferable to allow your new battery to fully charge before having it run this test, but in practice it isn't a big deal as long as there is enough juice there to get it through the test.

larkspur

Distinguished
Did you connect the battery terminals? UPSs come with their batteries unplugged. Follow the instructions that came with it on hooking up the battery.

As far as leaving it to charge - the battery comes mostly discharged. Any time you turn on the UPS (like for the first time) and every week or so after, it will run a battery test. It's preferable to allow your new battery to fully charge before having it run this test, but in practice it isn't a big deal as long as there is enough juice there to get it through the test.

Solution

larkspur

Distinguished