Removing unknown exe files

caobiz

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
What are these files? I cannot find any properties to them.

This one is located in my temporary files.

It's also under my Service (Local) XHVNWEJRX.exe

The other one is called CLCVO. Neither give any description at all as to what they are.

I have disabled both of these.

Do a disk cleanup & get rid of the trash !

caobiz

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

I scan every day, disc clean every day, have used Norton, McAfee, CA, Spydoctor, AdAware, AVG - you name the software - for scanning .... I am very familiar with scanning and disc cleaning, including defragging as well. If it were that simple, those files would never have showed up.

Thanks for trying to help. I need a better answer.

CLCVO - There is a reference to this object in the following article.
Under Task UTSCSI
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_u.htm

If your religious cleaning did not remove the other one in the Temporary folder,
Try removing it with unlocker or fileassassin - That is, as you have disabled the services of both and have no adverse system affects.
And, had you mentioned about disk cleaning & scanning in your original post, you would have received a more appropriate response.

caobiz

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

=================================
I see that Unlocker is freeware, so maybe I'll give it a try, though I have not reviewed it independently. I am familiar with Soft32 website. I can't find on a search what these files are and why they show up. I think any file that doesn't have properties should be expelled. I might just post this on my own security suite website, or on FB.

You see, I (currently) have a top-rated Security Suite through my ISP and I don't understand why I should have to buy another product. From a company as respected as the one I am using (4 Stars out of 4 Stars) it should be sufficient, as it already removes older registry files, etc. It is compared here with other top-rated software.

http://internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/ ...

I just don't understand why any file should not have properties, and I think it should automatically be explained by any of the top-rated AV/Malware-removal programs, with a name source, system usage, or it should be removed by the software currently in use. I also have MagicJack and it seems I've been down this road before
"...[Recommendation :
Immediately disable this task by setting its Startup Mode to Disabled on the Services tab of The Ultimate Troubleshooter – your thumb drive (Memory stick / Flash memory / USB memory / Pen Drive) will work fine without it, and so will the MajicJack Internet calling device.

If you want to go further you can also uninstall the service altogether by choosing the “Tools \ Add/Remove Programs” menu option in TUT and uninstalling the CLCVO Service (if that does not work you can delete the service in TUT). ..."

I don't like that the website you referred me to recommended using another product first before using the "free" product, that directs me to another website trying to sell me this product, Uniblue. I've used Uniblue in the past and I found it to be a real pain and it messed up my computer. I'll never try it again.

Thanks for the help. :)