Sign in with
Your question

Best Dvd Writer From Sony.

Last response: in Storage
March 21, 2009 10:48:18 AM

hi,guyz could plz tel me which is the best dvd wrtier from sony (supporting dual layer burning).Thnx

More about : dvd writer sony

a b G Storage
March 21, 2009 12:31:12 PM

• SATA or PATA?
  • Why Sony?
  • Retail or OEM?
    March 23, 2009 10:15:27 AM

Zenthar said:
  • SATA or PATA?
  • Why Sony?
  • Retail or OEM?

• *If SATA is the latest interface available then i go for sata.
    *i like to go with sony as i had problems with my asua drw20 which doesnt read fast and it sometimes fails during the os installation also.But my sony cd writer works perfectly till now and has better read speed and doesnt freeze like that of asus.(i bought that asus after reading a review from the Pcworld as they quoted that this writer had the minimun write error in their tests.)
    *By the way what is the diiference between OEM and retail version and how to find out the difference between the two plz guide.
    *Now, plz tell me which is the best dvd writer from sony.
    Thnx...
    a b G Storage
    March 23, 2009 11:32:47 AM

• Yes SATA is the latest, I have no idea what you motherboard is so just make sure it is SATA compatible.
  • Retail drives comes in a box sometimes with some extras like Burning softwares, SATA cable, replacement faceplate and things like that; they also cost a little more. OEM, you get a drive, final.
  • For best Sony drives, look here; if you want to see other brands (many better rated BTW), look here.
    !