Comcast HDMI

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
July 3, 2005 12:43:02 AM

Does anyone know if, or when, HDMI connctions will be available on the HD
boxes? Customer service, of course has no information.

Thanks
Jeff

More about : comcast hdmi

July 3, 2005 1:18:00 AM

We have them now in San Francisco, Bay Area. I am not sure if you have to
have a Cable/DVR or if the Cable only will have it.

DF

"JB" <jberk@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if, or when, HDMI connctions will be available on the HD
> boxes? Customer service, of course has no information.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

July 3, 2005 3:02:05 PM

Have the HD/DVR here in Phila. They say that no HDMI is available..so there
ya go. I should stop in at the office/head end.

Jeff
<DF> wrote in message news:6e-dndFqiahk-1rfRVn-3A@comcast.com...
> We have them now in San Francisco, Bay Area. I am not sure if you have to
> have a Cable/DVR or if the Cable only will have it.
>
> DF
>
> "JB" <jberk@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if, or when, HDMI connctions will be available on the HD
>> boxes? Customer service, of course has no information.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jeff

July 3, 2005 11:30:07 PM

"JB" <jberk@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if, or when, HDMI connctions will be available on the HD
> boxes? Customer service, of course has no information.

I assume you're referring to the Moto DCT6200 series boxes. If so, the HDMI
may well be active -- I have one (through Charter, not Comcast), and its
HDMI is active. However, the HDMI can be disabled at the discretion of the
local operator.
July 10, 2005 2:17:33 AM

JB wrote:
> Does anyone know if, or when, HDMI connctions will be available on the HD
> boxes? Customer service, of course has no information.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

The motorola set top box I have in Knoxville has DVI connections that
work with the DVI->HDMI cable. Sound isn't sent through it though.
!