Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AMAZING 3DMARK06 SCORE ! WITH DUAL CORE 4.4ghz AND 4870X2

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Dual Core
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
September 19, 2008 6:36:06 PM

i overcloked my computer last weeks and now im stable at 4.4 ghz :

my system is :

cpu: dual core E8400 3ghz OC to 4.4 ghz with 1.45 v

ram : 1150 mhz OCZ Viper

case: antec nine hundred

cpu cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 LED

video card: 4870x2

motherboard: p5q premium


look what i got ! from OC :





i think its a good score im happy !

More about : amazing 3dmark06 score dual core 4ghz 4870x2

September 19, 2008 6:41:59 PM

Meh, the graphics portions is where it's supposed to be for 4870x2. No bragging rights there. :p 

What looks interesting is the 4k cpu score for e8400. That's extremely high for e8400@3ghz. I don't know how you managed that, but good job. :D 
September 19, 2008 6:43:14 PM

ty :p 

i can oc it to 4.5 but i got some instabillity issue
Related resources
September 19, 2008 6:45:43 PM

its hard to get 21k in 3dmark06 with a dual core more easy with a quad
September 19, 2008 6:52:05 PM

i would like to know what you guys think about 4870x2 and there premature drivers.

4870x2 beat the GX2 i know and 3 way-Sli gtx280 beat my 4870x2

but when the 4870x2 driver will be mature you think it will edge a 3 way-sli gtx280 ??
September 19, 2008 7:00:58 PM

jc-r said:
i would like to know what you guys think about 4870x2 and there premature drivers.

4870x2 beat the GX2 i know and 3 way-Sli gtx280 beat my 4870x2

but when the 4870x2 driver will be mature you think it will edge a 3 way-sli gtx280 ??


It's unlikely for single 4870x2 to outperform 3 gtx280 no matter what. Or are you talking about quad 4870x2? :p 
September 19, 2008 7:01:23 PM

Why does CPU-Z show your cpu frequency @ 3 ghz, but 3DMark shows it @ 4.4?
September 19, 2008 7:04:36 PM

jwbb00 said:
Why does CPU-Z show your cpu frequency @ 3 ghz, but 3DMark shows it @ 4.4?


Ah, I see, Speedstep. Lol, I just noticed that. :na: 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 19, 2008 7:14:09 PM

I get just shy of 18000 in 3dmark 06... a 4870, tbh 3dmark doesn't mean sh*t

I get really close to you, and yet your setup is far more powerful then mine is in gpu processing, mines just more powerful in cpu processing...

its so lame if you ask me, 3dmark 06 is way to cpu oriented
September 19, 2008 7:16:05 PM

Quote:
I get just shy of 18000 in 3dmark 06... a 4870, tbh 3dmark doesn't mean sh*t

I get really close to you, and yet your setup is far more powerful then mine is in gpu processing, mines just more powerful in cpu processing...

its so lame if you ask me, 3dmark 06 is way to cpu oriented


You're supposed to look at sm2.0 and sm3.0 scores instead of overall score. :p 
a b à CPUs
September 19, 2008 7:50:38 PM

Thats a very good score.

I get around 16K with a Q9450 @ 3.4ghz, 4gb DDR2-1066, HD4870 OC's all the way up in CCC, and an X38 board.

Good job
September 19, 2008 8:15:40 PM

Its a good scrore, this is my 4870x2 at stock:
3DMark06 19482
SM 2.0 Score 7319
SM 3.0 Score 9587
CPU Score 5403

My q9550 is OC to 3.4GHZ, Vid card running stock.
September 19, 2008 8:22:28 PM

Here's mine

18,400

Q9450 @ 3.4ghz
4gb DDR2 800
3870x2 @ stock
GA-X38-DS4
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 19, 2008 8:24:15 PM

Not bad. How long dose Prime95 last? :p 
September 20, 2008 4:18:44 AM

what the? i didn't know you could get quad sli/cf in xp! he's got the zune theme... hmmm
September 20, 2008 6:24:26 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not that great. I've gotten:

17153

SM 2.0: 6239
SM 3.0: 7542
CPU: 5453

Q9450 @ 3.7ghz
ATI 4870 @ 840/1000

And i still get a pretty high score, although i think my gfx card is underperforming a bit.
September 20, 2008 10:26:23 PM

Dopekitten said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not that great. I've gotten:

17153

SM 2.0: 6239
SM 3.0: 7542
CPU: 5453

Q9450 @ 3.7ghz
ATI 4870 @ 840/1000

And i still get a pretty high score, although i think my gfx card is underperforming a bit.


Lol? You have a OC'ed quad and you scored 4000 points lower? Why nag on the OP? Espically when hes got a better video card than you.
September 21, 2008 1:01:54 AM

well i'm a bit sus of this seeing as how you cannot have quad sli on win xp and i assume you can't have quad CF either...
September 21, 2008 1:29:47 AM

i can see max 73C for 100% load.its living on the edge i would say. not good for a 45nm CPU. so i would say this OC is inusable for 24/7 for 2 years+.
September 21, 2008 1:31:33 AM

iluvgillgill said:
i can see max 73C for 100% load.its living on the edge i would say. not good for a 45nm CPU. so i would say this OC is inusable for 24/7 for 2 years+.


Thermal threshold is 71C. It's over the edge. :na: 
September 21, 2008 7:19:23 AM

dagger said:
Thermal threshold is 71C. It's over the edge. :na: 


Wow. I definetly recomend the OP to drop that down to 4.0 for survivability. 3dMark scores wont operate your system for you.
September 21, 2008 10:50:49 AM

i wonder when one day he get a BSOD then unable to turn on ever again!haha
September 21, 2008 11:17:36 AM

Tbh i was expecting more out of the 4870X2 with a XP 3DMark06 run, is the OP sure he has CCC correctly setup? Plus to the OP you've overclocked your primary gfx card's mem to 1000Mhz, but left the secondary at 900Mhz. That basically cancels each other out, put them both on 1000Mhz then try again, this should bump up your score a further 90 - 150 points at the very least. Also he needs to set the Tj on RealTemp to 100 not 95 (CPUID's HWMonitor with default 100C Tj is reading 10C over RealTemp)... He's actually running around 10C over 73C. :sweat: 

My scores on VISTA 64 Bit

CPU= 4095
SM 2.0= 8871 -- 622 points difference
SM 3.0= 9957 -- 1715 points difference

Total 19698 - See Sig for Rig
September 21, 2008 1:19:25 PM

closed_deal said:
Tbh i was expecting more out of the 4870X2 with a XP 3DMark06 run, is the OP sure he has CCC correctly setup? Plus to the OP you've overclocked your primary gfx card's mem to 1000Mhz, but left the secondary at 900Mhz. That basically cancels each other out, put them both on 1000Mhz then try again, this should bump up your score a further 90 - 150 points at the very least. Also he needs to set the Tj on RealTemp to 100 not 95 (CPUID's HWMonitor with default 100C Tj is reading 10C over RealTemp)... He's actually running around 10C over 73C. :sweat: 

My scores on VISTA 64 Bit

CPU= 4095
SM 2.0= 8871 -- 622 points difference
SM 3.0= 9957 -- 1715 points difference

Total 19698 - See Sig for Rig


Default 3dmark06 settings run at 1280x1024, with no aa. 4000s scales very well with AA and higher resolutions, while 3000s scale horribly. They're at two different ends of the spectrum, with Nvidia cards in between. The default 3dmark06 is exactly the right medicine for your system and wrong one for his. :p 
September 21, 2008 3:40:24 PM

Well then, all hail the mighty 3*** series :kaola: . A fine example of the pointlessness of Synthetic benchmarks. I'll go back into my hole and wallow in my 3870's self glory ;) .
November 27, 2008 11:57:57 PM

:(  all i get is 20505 with a single 4870x2 and a q6600 at 3.7ghz is it because im on vista 64-bit? heres a screenshot of my first run with 750 core and 900 mem and the newest driver
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2008 5:03:49 AM

Oh yeah I got 11,320 3dmark06 score with an e2180 oc to 3ghz, 320mb 8800gts, and 2x1gb of ram. And SM 2.0 Score 5070, SM 3.0 Score 5300, CPU Score 2620. The highest score out of similarly configured systems, oh yeah *flexes muscle* /end sarcasm

Yeah just had to make fun of how this thread is going, it was too easy. (Not to mention im bored)

November 28, 2008 10:56:48 PM

jc-r said:
i would like to know what you guys think about 4870x2 and there premature drivers.

4870x2 beat the GX2 i know and 3 way-Sli gtx280 beat my 4870x2

but when the 4870x2 driver will be mature you think it will edge a 3 way-sli gtx280 ??


lol there is no way on gods green eart that a 4870X2 will EVER beat a 3way 280 SLI, I doubt it would beat a 280GTX 2 way SLi even
December 1, 2008 5:16:19 PM

3dmarks mean nothing lets see your Crysis bench mark scores everything on high w/AA then we will talk real world performance, which is what seperates the men from the boys...LOL

P.S. I scored 17,800 3dmark06 with this rig and spent half the money you guys did..LOL
December 3, 2008 12:10:16 AM

itzamedave said:
3dmarks mean nothing lets see your Crysis bench mark scores everything on high w/AA then we will talk real world performance, which is what seperates the men from the boys...LOL
]http://valid.x86-secret.com/cache/banner/454269.png
P.S. I scored 17,800 3dmark06 with this rig and spent half the money you guys did..LOL


I bet you would have been closer to 20,000 if you would have taken the blue pill instead of the red. The Matrix always runs in the background and causes a mild decrease in system performance.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2008 12:13:00 AM

not exactly itz... I spent maybe 100$ more than you and i have more points than you... not exactly fair :na: 

and at toledo... wtf? is that a joke or something?
!