Sign in with
Your question

Live stream a wedding with video encoding real time "ish"

Last response: in Networking
October 10, 2008 9:08:02 PM

Hi all,

Ok, I’m getting married on the 1st of November and I want to stream live video to my grand parents in law via the web as well as a few friends in America and Australia. My farther in law has just done a test with his video camera with a live steam @ around 100Kb/sec and although it worked the image was very pixilated in order to run live.

Is it possible to record/encode a MP3/4/AVI/??? Signal at the church, send via mobile broadband and decode at the other end in more detail than the current live stream?

I appreciate there will be a lag with this system, but that’s no real problem.

Is there a website that can do this? And if so how much will it cost? I would ideally like to do it for free as wedding are a tad expensive.

Oh, I don’t mind paying for an encoder as I could do with one anyway.

Ash and his soon to be wife Tamsin
March 8, 2009 1:44:18 PM

Hi,

I know by the time I am replying to this post Ashley and Tamsin would be Happily married - congratulations

www.iWedlive.com is a website dedicated just to that: live stream wedding on internet to everyone, also you can upload wedding video and photos on the site, invite others and share it. And its FREE subject to fair use.

Hope this piece of information would be useful for others that are reading this forum.

Thanks

www.iWedlive.com Team
August 30, 2009 6:51:59 PM

A friend of mine used a company called "Wedcasting Live TV" based out of Chicagoland. Apparently they also handle worldwide clients so anything from Chicago to Florida to New Zealand, etc. They can provide the hardware or guide you to hardware renting/purchase and also handle the backend streaming and frontend production.
They were recently featured in the WEVA August guide as offering the same technology that is used by CNN, Fox, NBC and Univision. Worth a look..

http://www.wedcastingtv.com
Related resources
January 25, 2010 4:37:21 AM

hi

a friend dont worry our company people give me righ solution just send me mail liveibc@gmail .com or http :/ /www.liveibc.com
April 28, 2010 11:20:28 AM

Here is a broadcaster you can use to stream and record live shows on the Web. Try http://www.tikilive.com and build your channel. Here is the setup: Broadcasting setup . You may see me offline if you need assistance to get everything live.

Catalin
Professional Streaming Consultant

April 28, 2012 4:08:06 AM

ashleylist said:
Hi all,

Ok, I’m getting married on the 1st of November and I want to stream live video to my grand parents in law via the web as well as a few friends in America and Australia. My farther in law has just done a test with his video camera with a live steam @ around 100Kb/sec and although it worked the image was very pixilated in order to run live.

Is it possible to record/encode a MP3/4/AVI/??? Signal at the church, send via mobile broadband and decode at the other end in more detail than the current live stream?

I appreciate there will be a lag with this system, but that’s no real problem.

Is there a website that can do this? And if so how much will it cost? I would ideally like to do it for free as wedding are a tad expensive.

Oh, I don’t mind paying for an encoder as I could do with one anyway.

Ash and his soon to be wife Tamsin

I read with great interest your above note. I have a very similar situation. I was curious how your situation turned out. Any words of wisdom you can share regarding the final outcome would be GREATly appreciated.

annsieb
January 23, 2013 7:57:00 AM

It's a very good and innovative thing live video of your wedding. This type of service is not provided by each videographer but great idea.

!