Vista Recovery Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzmminister

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Hello,
My HP Pavillion laptop running winvista seem to have more and more of d: getting filled up as time goes by. d: is the recovery partition and I save nothing there. Yet the percentage left gets less and less. Is this normal?

Solution

Some 3rd party software will use D: to store files. Most recovery partitions are hidden encrypted and not accessable via Windows but Compaq's are for example by
Click "Start."
Click "My Computer."
Double-click "RECOVERY (D:)" from the window on your screen. The window that opens will display the contents of your Compaq recovery partition.

The HP Recovery partition can be viewed with "Partition Magic" which might show you what is adding to your system, but that is about all you can do with it.

Some 3rd party software will use D: to store files. Most recovery partitions are hidden encrypted and not accessable via Windows but Compaq's are for example by
Click "Start."
Click "My Computer."
Double-click "RECOVERY (D:)" from the window on your screen. The window that opens will display the contents of your Compaq recovery partition.

The HP Recovery partition can be viewed with "Partition Magic" which might show you what is adding to your system, but that is about all you can do with it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.