nVidia GT200 3dmark 16.6k at 2560x1600

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
It's a fake, the users at that forum already spotted an error in the pic.

Let's just wait until reputable sites cover the story.

jerfle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
If its true, I could just imagine having to use a 800W psu for a single card. Maybe I'll buy one. I would be able to cook hotdogs. It would save me from having to leave my desk.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

I'm surely hope that it exists. I doubt Nvidia would just give up on all discrete GPU R&D. Soon that may be all they have left...

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
Well it's funny the who OP saying "our relationship with nvidia is stronger than most companies." trying to explain the CPU issues, but to me that explains why they wouldn't be as critical of this as even their own forum users are.

As ever I'll wait for something official, since before every launch we get ungodly tales of Bungholiomarks, only to have reality paint a different true picture.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
i've been meaning to mention this... I love red green, i actually painted a red green work bench that's lasted several years and has traveled over several states.. it's burried currently, I sent it into the show YEARS BACK when it was still in production... you may have seen it if they aired it... anyway... on the subject... indeed. this is likely crap and definitely not final. i could Gimp something more believable. (ps: for those of you in the dark Gimp is an 'image editor', it is used similarly to the phrase "photoshop" only it's free and not gay :p)

dev1se

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Shall we all predict the G200's spec???

32 ROP
192 SP
384-Bit bus
55nm
750mhz+ Core
2000mhz+ Shader
2400mhz+ Mem

I dont think that sounds too far fetched and should offer some nice results with the added SP's and higher frequencies. 55nm to keep cooler and give OC headroom (45nm would be real nice!) and 384bit bus to make better use of the added tech.
Seems very feasible to me...

mathiasschnell

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2007

Well, TSMC (the people who make the cores for Nvidia and other major companies) did recently say that they were moving to having 40nm process available (not sure if it's finalized already). So perhaps by the time this supposed GT200 is ready, we'll have 40nm GPUs and the specs could be more like...

32 ROP
256 SP
512-bit Bus
40 nm
800 MHz+ Core
2200 MHz+ Shader
2400 MHz+ Memory

Granted, if this were close to the specs of the next-gen Nvidia cards, it would definately be the 'Ultra' or 'GTX' or 'GX2' of the series.

John Vuong

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
All those pictures look fake to me.

Here is one that is way more unbelievable, though it would be nice if it was true:

http://forum.pcformat.pl/showthread.php?tid=75554

Its in Polish though, I got this thread from the NVIDIA forums:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=63237

I just hope the GT200 has a higher memory bus, not a crappy 256 bit memory bus which I think we all had enough. According to Wikipedia it has a fabrication process of 55mm and uses GDDR4, but of course, Wikipedia isn't reliable all the time.

4745454b

Titan
Why haven't people learned to not care about synthetic benchies? Have you all forgotten about the 2900XT? Has no problem beating the 8800GTS (or was it the GTX?), but can't come close in frame rates. Just because something scores a lot of synthetic bungholio marks doesn't mean its going to do well. I say, who cares how many synthetic points it scores, what are the FPS in modern games?

^ Exactly. And with the required addition of the importance of the cpu in the mark, it skews it, especially in games that need little cpu power. It was the GTX. And whenever youre changing archs, its no longer apples to apples, let alone, ATI vs nVidia

TRENDING THREADS