My emachines startup and windows error recovery

my e machines w5243 when it startup a message window error recovery and them shutdown what can the problem be
6 answers Last reply
More about emachines startup windows error recovery
  1. Need exact error messages and exactly when the error comes up. When Windows loads? At what point? Does it shut down or reboot?
  2. windows error recovery
    windows failed to start . a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix th problem
    and then it goes off i will them have to turn it back on about 6-7 times before it come up and do the samething over again
  3. Boot off your Vista disks, and do a repair setup of Windows. It will re-install things without doing anything do your data, should clear this up.

Read this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html
  4. now i have the disk to re-install when i turn on the pc only the fan is running
  5. Try to reset the BIOS (unplug from wall and pull the CMOS battery for about 15 seconds). If that does not work, take a look at the motherboard, this issue happens a lot when the motherboard goes back, often with bad capacitors. If any capacitors are puffy or cracked open, need to replace the motherboard. If the motherboard looks good, can try a new power supply.
  6. thanks it look like the motherboard is the problem
Ask a new question

Read More

Data Recovery eMachines Shutdown Windows Vista