Closed Solved

VAIO Screen does not load

My Vaio Desktop opens up and starts with green lines boxed around the VAIO symbol then has green to white lines across the screen. After loading the screen turns blank. At first the screen when i was using it would turn blank and then turn back on and the system said it had to recover it. How do I get my computer to work? Do i just need the computer repair cd?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vaio screen load
  1. Viaoquestion said:
    My Vaio Desktop opens up and starts with green lines boxed around the VAIO symbol then has green to white lines across the screen. After loading the screen turns blank. At first the screen when i was using it would turn blank and then turn back on and the system said it had to recover it. How do I get my computer to work? Do i just need the computer repair cd?

    May have the monitor or video card going bad.
    Can you boot into safe mode and do anything ?
  2. ksiemb said:
    May have the monitor or video card going bad.
    Can you boot into safe mode and do anything ?

    I've tried to open the option to safe mode but I've only gotten it to work once.
  3. Best answer
    Viaoquestion said:
    I've tried to open the option to safe mode but I've only gotten it to work once.

    If your system is a PC:
    Try using another Monitor, or Plug your Monitor into another PC.
    Remove, Video card, dust off & reseat card.

    If Laptop: Try plugging in an external monitor.

    Can also check Event Viewer for possible errors.

    The fact it worked once in Safe Mode indicates to me, hardware issue.
  4. Best answer selected by Viaoquestion.
  5. ksiemb said:
    If your system is a PC:
    Try using another Monitor, or Plug your Monitor into another PC.
    Remove, Video card, dust off & reseat card.

    If Laptop: Try plugging in an external monitor.

    Can also check Event Viewer for possible errors.

    The fact it worked once in Safe Mode indicates to me, hardware issue.

    Thank you sooo much!
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

VAIO Green Computers Windows Vista