Hey guys,

Last night i managed to build my PC, the following was installed installed:

-Asus STRIKER EXTREME 680I SLI Socket 775 onboard Audio ATX
-OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2048) ReaperX HPC DDR2 PC2 8000 1000MHz
-Asus Extreme 8800GTX 768MB
-Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSB LGA775 4MB cache
-Western Digital 150GB Raptor X SATA Hard Disk Drive
-OCZ 600GXS Sli -UK nVidia Sli Ready 600W

The first problem came was the power button not working, after about 3 times checking the leads they where fine, i then didnt understand as to why loads of blue LEDs were lit up around the edge of the motherboard, after some searching i found out it was the light bulb button stuck which is at the rear of the tower under the LCD panel - http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i...eme/backio.jpg

So after the happy relief of it not being my PSU, CPU or MOBO i then come across my next problem which is when i boot up the computer, i have this very loud noise the noise still continues on boot up, when i try to hear where its coming from, i think its coming from the mobo......

Has anyone had this problem ? any advice/solutions

Anything would be appreciated, im at work atm so i wont be near my new rig till around 18:00GMT

thx

istat

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
yep there were two slots for power on the gfx card and on the psu cable it says "PCI-e 1" and "PCI-e 2" and these could both fit into the g-card so they're in there afaik

comrade

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
That siren-like noise is definitely the video card. It's saying it doesn't have both power connectors hooked up or it's not receiveing power from both.