GA-P35-DS3 digital and analogue sound simultaneously?

Winniegee

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Hi,

Just a while ago I bought a Gigabyte P35-DS3 mobo. Currently I am just using the onboard audio as I find it decent enough. The only problem is that I would like the digital and analogue signals to be output simultaneously. The reason I want this is because on an older Gigabyte mobo I had used to do this, and this was also connected to a set of logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers. In this setup I could easily switch between digital for music/dvd/videos and then analogue output for games in 5.1.

With the current mobo I have and z-5500s, I have to "set default device" in the Realtek audio settings software which was provided on the mobo driver cd. It's a bit of a pain in the back having to swap around clicking buttons if I feel the urge to play some games etc.

Has anyone got similar problems or any ideas on how to do it?

Cheers guys,
Winston from NZ (newbie to the forums)

janwillem

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
I'm looking for this solution as well, and found this on a dutch forum:

download the latest realtek drivers (1.90) and set both the digital as well as the analog output on 16-bit, 44100Hz.

They say you will get sound on both digital and analog at the same time in Vista. Perhaps you could try that, I would like to know your results!

janwillem

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
if above doesn't work, i've found this as well:

-----------------------------------------
I dunno if anyone is still watching this thread, but thought I would share my setup which sends out both SPDIF and analogue at the same time. Quick snapshot:

Vista 32bit using onboard AC'97 audio from motherboard. Driver date is 11/29/06 and is 6.0.1.6202
Optical SPDIF output sends PCM to my receiver (which then decodes to 5.1)
Optical cable from SPDIF optical out on motherboard to SPDIF optical in on receiver
3.5mm to left/right RCA to second receiver
3.5mm is connected to "line out" on motherboard, RCA is on receiver
I have tested the above, and it works perfect for everything (TV, DVD, FM, music, etc). 5.1 is sent out via PCM and is sent to my surround sound speakers, and at the same time analogue stereo is output to another set of speakers in another room.

I've got screenshots of how everything is configured in Vista, and can post if people are interested. Basically:

Abit KN8-SLI motherboard
Realtek sound configuration utility indicates:
Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.6202
Audio Controller: nVidia(0059)
Audio Codec: ALC850
Vista Control Panel --> Sound has the following:
Speakers (Realtek AC'97 Audio) as Working and Primary (little green check)
On the "Advanced" Tab is has checkmarks in both "Allow Applications ..." and "Give exclusive mode ..."
Realtek Digital Output (Realteck AC'97 Audio) as Working
On the "Advanced" Tab is has no checkmarks in "Allow Applications ..." and "Give exclusive mode ..."
I can confirm 100% that it is doing both SPDIF and ANALOGUE at the same time due to using seperate inputs on the receiver. Even after rebooting. I'm happy to answer any questions or provide other configuration settings if it'll help anyone.

source: http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/10/158117/ShowThread.aspx
Poster: notyouraccount
-----------------------------------------

NightCruiser

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Hello I now have analog and digital (spdif) simultanius on windows7 RC1 64 bit
so if it can be off any help hers howe i did that.
right click the speaker down to the right off the screen, player units (or what ever it is named in english, it where you change analog or digital) click the tab recording right click stereo mix ( i have realtek) click on properties, click tab listen, click in box liten to, in dorp down chose your digital output, ok.right click stereo mix, selekt as standard unit. now go to first tab (the one were you pick standard unit for plying sound) and pick your analog as standard. your don, works for me now i have analog sound to my tv and digital to my surrondsystem simultanius. hop its of use for some one.

christr

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

Hello
It does not seem to be exactely the same for me, and I tried some other configurations but it still does not word for me. Do you have screen shots please ? For example I don't have "stereo mix" in the recording tab.
Thanks a lot

ragdmg

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I added Stereo Mix a slightly different way and will add my comments in case they help someone. I am using Windows 7 Pro with a Gigabyte motherboard that uses Realtek AC97.

1) Right-click the speaker icon in the tray
2) Choose Recording Devices
3) I did not see Stereo Mix, so right-clicked in the white space at right, inside the dialog box
4) Choose to Show Disabled Devices. Stereo Mix should show up now, but as disabled (it has a gray / black downward arrow)
5) Click the top choice, Enable. The downward arrow should turn green.
6) If you like, you can now choose Stereo Mix to be your default by right-clicking it and selecting Set as Default Device