haunani

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Hi,

I have a PC with three hard disks in it. One hard disk is for the OS, one is for my music files (slave) and one is for my documents (also slave). I shut down my PC one day and when I turn it on again, it doesn't turn on.

I discovered later that when I removed the power connector from the document hard disk the pc can start up.

Can anyone help me? What will I do to make the other hard disk work? I really need my documents in it.

Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

smackdab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Hello haunani,

What motherboard do you have in your computer? Are you running windows XP?

If you are not sure what motherboard you are running, you can use a nice little utility at www.cpuid.com. The utility is CPU_Z. I think they are at version 1.50 now. When you run the utility it will tell you all about your computer. To get info on the motherboard you go to the Mainboard tab. The first couple of lines tell you the manufacturer and the model number.

Also, when you say it dios not turn on, does it start to turn on and then reset (endless loop) way before windows starts or does it sit an do nothing? Are you comfortable going into the BIOS to see if the mobo sees the document drive? Going into BIOS usually involves pressing the delete key very early in the computers boot cycle.

Thanks