Not On Topic At All

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 19, 2004 3:11:09 AM

Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL

I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL

After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
tones and graphics for the phone.
By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
digital camera.

So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

--
>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel

More about : topic

June 19, 2004 4:05:56 AM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:11:09 -0700, ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

My favorite has to be my PocketPC. It's great not only for taking notes
during meetings, keeping track of contacts and appointments, and other
PDA-type things, but with an 802.11b card for it, I can browse the web
anywhere in my house, I can play games on it (including a version of
MAME), and can do a few other fun things with it (like run a little IR
remote control program for it and have fun turning TVs off).

--
Troy
June 19, 2004 8:53:33 AM

Troy wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:11:09 -0700, ">^,,^< Miracle"
> <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
>> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
>> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?
>
> My favorite has to be my PocketPC. It's great not only for taking
> notes during meetings, keeping track of contacts and appointments,
> and other PDA-type things, but with an 802.11b card for it, I can
> browse the web anywhere in my house, I can play games on it
> (including a version of MAME), and can do a few other fun things with
> it (like run a little IR remote control program for it and have fun
> turning TVs off).

I've wanted a PDA since I saw how clear and colorful their
newer display screens are, but I just don't have enough info
to keep track of to justify the purchase price. On the other hand,
I wish Ross would develop a fondness for toys so that I could get
him one and he'd learn to use it!
If I had a nickel for every time he's called home and said, "Honey,
look on my desk- there's a scrap of paper with a phone number
scribbled on it"........................................

--
>^,,^< Miracle
June 19, 2004 10:45:51 AM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>
> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?
>
> --
> >^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel

I thought about your question and thought even more. If I cannot list my
desktop or laptop, I'd have to say the next biggest piece of electronics in
my house that gives me a thrill is my Bose Lifestyle 30 surround sound
system.
June 19, 2004 10:45:52 AM

IcyHot wrote:
> I thought about your question and thought even more. If I cannot
> list my desktop or laptop, I'd have to say the next biggest piece of
> electronics in my house that gives me a thrill is my Bose Lifestyle
> 30 surround sound system.

Ah, Ross wants a Bose, but he freaks at the price tag. One of
these days I'll just get it for him, and just tune him out when he
gripes about the cost. LOL

I have a JVC rack that still suits me fine, but he doesn't like
using it. He'll change the EQ settings and I gripe about it. :D

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 3:22:38 PM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:11:09 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>
> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL
>
> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
> tones and graphics for the phone.
> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
> digital camera.
>
> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

My Minolta Dimage 5, even though it has its quirks (autofocus failures for
no reason).

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>
> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL
>
> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
> tones and graphics for the phone.
> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
> digital camera.
>
> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

So how well does the "phone" part of it work???

Quixote <-- Can you hear me now?
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:21:27 PM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2ji3rhF11ppiaU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures

Industrial espionage time!
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 9:35:04 PM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>
> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL
>
> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
> tones and graphics for the phone.
> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
> digital camera.
>
> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?
>
> --
> >^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel

I don't have any gadgets as any would simply be a waste of money because the
darn things intimidate me with their bloat-ed-ness.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 4:17:50 AM

>^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>
> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL

Heh. Me, I didn't want a phone in the first place. So I took out a new
subscription, and got a Nokia 6600 for free, which is a planner, camera,
videocamera, N-Gage copatible gameplayer, with a built-in webbrowser,
E-mail client, bluetooth, infra-red and GPRS enabled.

It can even telephone.

> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
> tones and graphics for the phone.

Yeah, it *is* a computer. Mine's an S60 platform with SymbianOS. Which
phone is it?

> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
> digital camera.

Well, mine does Bluetooth, so I can get a generic Bluetooth dongle for
my PC and connect that way. As it is, I lay it alongside my laptop and
just use the infra-red on both.

> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

Phone too, at the moment.

I wish I knew whether GPRS is deducted from my monthly calling minutes,
since I never use those up anyway. If it isn't, it's too expensive to use.

--
Frank
Anonymous

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:17:50 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

> Yeah, it *is* a computer. Mine's an S60 platform with SymbianOS. Which
> phone is it?

Fingers crossed that virus doesn't become too popular for that OS. :/

"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
June 20, 2004 6:01:05 AM

Mr K wrote:
> My very first camera was an old 127 Kodak Brownie thing:
> http://www.nwmangum.com/Kodak/B127-3.html
>
> After that, a Zenit EM:
> http://www.rolandandcaroline.co.uk/zenitem/zenitem.html
>
> From there... a Praktica MTL5, a Canon A1 and (my pride and joy) a
> Nikon FM. The FM was sold, and a Nikon F-801 was bought in its place.
> A year or two later, I bought a Fuji Finepix 1400 which was planned
> to replace a webcam.
>
> One week in Malta, 3 smartmedia cards filled... and one photo taken
> with the F801, it was apparent I had more use with the digital camera
> than I had with the 35mm equivalent.
>
> Two years on, I do miss the old SLR's, but digital is unbeatable for
> convenience.
>
> http://boltondave.fotopic.net/

<speechless> See my comment on pict5425.

By an odd coincidence, I bought that Mavica I wanted this afternoon.
Time for me to find some time and energy.

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
June 20, 2004 6:03:27 AM

Adrian Ng wrote:
> I don't have any gadgets as any would simply be a waste of money
> because the darn things intimidate me with their bloat-ed-ness.

I was the child who took apart everything she could get her hands
on, so I suppose that trait is still with me- I want to know how everything
works.

I don't always get it put back together properly, however......
;)

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
June 20, 2004 6:11:10 AM

Quixote wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>>
>> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
>> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
>> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL
>>
>> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
>> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
>> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
>> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
>> tones and graphics for the phone.
>> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
>> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
>> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
>> digital camera.
>>
>> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
>> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
>> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?
>>

> So how well does the "phone" part of it work???
>
> Quixote <-- Can you hear me now?

ROFL Quite well! That's the main reason we stayed with
Sprint when the contract expired. (The Samsung phones we have
are also easy for us to figure out, and Ross didn't want to change
his phone.)
Complaints in our area run about equal among all of the carriers,
so there was no real advantage for switching to say, Verizon or
CellularOne. In fact, Verizon was more expensive for 200 fewer minutes.
T-Mobile was impossible to find- no real storefront. And Nextel had
only those annoying kiosk setups in the big stores with idiots behind
the counters.

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle "I can hear you fine!" Smith
June 20, 2004 6:12:35 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
> news:2ji3rhF11ppiaU1@uni- berlin.de:
>
>> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures
>
> Industrial espionage time!

I accept the mission!

Uh, where do I go?

OH! Right, the enemy base!

:D

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
June 20, 2004 6:26:02 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:
>> ^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>>
>> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
>> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
>> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL
>
> Heh. Me, I didn't want a phone in the first place. So I took out a new
> subscription, and got a Nokia 6600 for free, which is a planner,
> camera, videocamera, N-Gage copatible gameplayer, with a built-in
> webbrowser, E-mail client, bluetooth, infra-red and GPRS enabled.
>
> It can even telephone.
>
>> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
>> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
>> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
>> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
>> tones and graphics for the phone.
>
> Yeah, it *is* a computer. Mine's an S60 platform with SymbianOS. Which
> phone is it?

Um....., a Samsung VGA1000 (ModelSPH-A620, dual-band,
tri-mode, whatever the hell that means!) After that dude, I have no
clue what platform or OS.

>> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
>> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
>> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
>> digital camera.
>
> Well, mine does Bluetooth, so I can get a generic Bluetooth dongle for
> my PC and connect that way. As it is, I lay it alongside my laptop and
> just use the infra-red on both.

There's an optional docking station I can buy for this one, to connect
it directly to my PC. Whether or not there's a generic available, I have
yet to search for it.

So many toys, too little time......................

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 8:36:15 AM

>^,,^< Miracle's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

Lets see, electronic gadget other than my laptop or other computers... I
got my PS2, but shortly that'll be rigged into my computer (gonna have
my TV, NES, Genesis, PS2, and VCR be rigged together) then I have my...
I have my guitars. But I dont use them with my amp that much (play
unplugged 99% of the time). I like gadgets, I'm a programmer with some
killer rigs (just built a nice AMD64 setup), but I dont have too much
electrical stuff outside of my computer (not even a cell phone)

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

Frank van Schie's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
>> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
>> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
>> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
>> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
>> tones and graphics for the phone.
> Yeah, it *is* a computer. Mine's an S60 platform with SymbianOS. Which
> phone is it?

Did you hear about the worm made for phones using SymbianOS and
bluetooth? jumps from phone to phone.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!
June 20, 2004 11:35:45 AM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Like I would start an on-topic thread? LOL
>
> I got a cool new cell phone that takes pictures, and I'm
> having a ball with the silly thing. No pet in the house is safe,
> and even the fish in the ponds are leery of me now. LOL
>
> After scoping out all the other stuff this phone does, it
> occurred to me that it's really just a wee computer! I mean,
> I can send and receive email, send pics to an email addy,
> and even go to web pages. Plus I can download new ring
> tones and graphics for the phone.
> By the end of the month I want to get the docking station
> for it that will connect it directly to my desktop. Then it will
> be as easy to share pics from it as it is from my regular
> digital camera.
>
> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
> since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
> your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?
>
> --
> >^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel

Guess it would have to be my pocket PC, haven't used it for a while but main
use is reading books I get from t'internet. It amazes me how much you can do
with these things - using a 512MB card you can store a couple of movies,
play games, keep all your work stuff on and also more books that you could
read in a lifetime!
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 1:00:38 PM

Schrodinger wrote:

> What guitars you play Hellmark? I used to be big into them - had a Les Paul
> special for ages and a Strat for a while. Settled down now with a Fender
> acoustic, Charvel single pickup and Squire Strat.

God I miss my G&L... Honeyburst Semi-Hollow ASAT
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 2:30:30 PM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:01:05 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> <speechless> See my comment on pict5425.

Thanks for the comment. Having had several photos 'bought' (i.e. $PERSON
requests purchase, I agree and go through the rituals, they agree and
'borrow' the photo to enlarge, I hear nothing back), I've stopped offering
my photos for sale. :(

Dare I say that that photo was put on the site as an afterthought?

> By an odd coincidence, I bought that Mavica I wanted this afternoon.
> Time for me to find some time and energy.

:)

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 8:54:51 AM

Schrodinger's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> What guitars you play Hellmark? I used to be big into them - had a Les Paul
> special for ages and a Strat for a while. Settled down now with a Fender
> acoustic, Charvel single pickup and Squire Strat.

Right now I have a Peavey Strat copy that I've customized for my
practice guitar, a mid '60s Univox 335 copy that I also use as a
practice rig, an el cheapo "Encore" 3/4 scale dreadnaut for slide, a
Fender Telecaster, a Ovation Celebrity, a BC Rich Bich, a guitar that I
designed and custom built myself, and I'm currently making a double cut
Gretsch Country Club style guitar.

> I've still got a "Roost" head that we used to gig with along with the 4x12.
> Never use it though and last time I looked I couldn't find replacement
> valves (EL34s from memory)...

only have a Crate G40XL transitor amp. Twin 8" speakers, 40watt RMS and
something like 260watt peak. Really dont plug in to it that much.

--
Hellmark
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 8:45:49 PM

<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>>[snip]
>Well, mine does Bluetooth, so I can get a generic Bluetooth dongle for
>my PC and connect that way. As it is, I lay it alongside my laptop and
>just use the infra-red on both.

Uh-oh!! You said the D0ngular word!! I am reporting you!

RagManX
http://www.gamingideas.com/ - think you can make a better game? Let's hear why.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 10:48:49 PM

Mr K wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:01:05 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>

>> <speechless> See my comment on pict5425.

Which is no longer there?

> Thanks for the comment. Having had several photos 'bought' (i.e. $PERSON
> requests purchase, I agree and go through the rituals, they agree and
> 'borrow' the photo to enlarge, I hear nothing back), I've stopped offering
> my photos for sale. :(

You don't do cash-before-delivery? And why don't you do the enlargement
instead and charge a small mark-up for the effort? Much better, probably.

> Dare I say that that photo was put on the site as an afterthought?

A thought now ended?
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 10:48:50 PM

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:48:49 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

> Which is no longer there?

What's no longer there? The comment or the photo?

> You don't do cash-before-delivery?

Having dealt with apparently professional people, if I were to do prints
it'd definitely be a "pay first" thing.

> A thought now ended?

Obviously, otherwise the photo wouldn't be there.

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 12:13:38 AM

Mr K wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:48:49 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
>

>>Which is no longer there?
>
> What's no longer there? The comment or the photo?

The photo. Can't see it. Mind you, I'm not a very good searcher. Easter
eggs confound me.

>>You don't do cash-before-delivery?
>
> Having dealt with apparently professional people, if I were to do prints
> it'd definitely be a "pay first" thing.

It's a sad thing when you can't trust people who actually want *your*
work. (as opposed to actual thieves or something, who don't actually
care about your work but more about money)
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 12:13:39 AM

http://boltondave.fotopic.net/p4658459.html

> Mind you, I'm not a very good searcher.

Amateur.

> Easter eggs confound me.

Those things amaze me too sometimes, as it's much cheaper to buy a bar of
chocolate. :)

> It's a sad thing when you can't trust people who actually want *your*
> work. (as opposed to actual thieves or something, who don't actually
> care about your work but more about money)

You'd think that magazines would actually care about not scaring off
potential contributors, wouldn't you? :(

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
June 22, 2004 1:43:33 AM

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:13:38 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
>
> > The photo. Can't see it.
>
> http://boltondave.fotopic.net/p4658459.html

That picture is amazing. I can see what you're getting at with the others -
some don't work that well, although I know what you were looking at.

It often looks to me like they could stand a little more saturation and
contrast, although the photo above lends the lie to this - the subtlety of
the colours is a real pleasure to see and is up there with some of the best
colour pictures I have seen.

I like the voting system, except it's annoying having to "ok" it each time
and then reload the same picture. If you wrote it, it is really very good,
however. I wonder if something more along the lines of amihotornot.com is
easier?

I don't want to go overboard with this, but I would personally be happy to
have that picture hanging on my wall - along with maybe 2 or 3 of the
others. Given that I have no idea - and could care less - where the photos
are I think that is saying a lot.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 3:45:36 AM

Schrodinger's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> I've always fancied a Telecaster - Not sure if you're familiar with Led Zep
> I, but I would love to see if that sound was still gettable with one!

yup, and easily too.

> Haven't seen Peavey stuff for a while - are they still going - they used to
> make good amps too - I seem to remember that Lynyrd Skynyrd endorsed them
> bigtime. Same with "BC" - is it an explorer type shape?

yeah they are still as strong as they used to be.

BC Rich is known for having their own really kinda funky designs, do a
quick google for them.

> What did you put in your custom guitar? My favourite pickup ever was a
> Schecter SuperRock - switchable coil and lovely rich sound. I put EMGs in
> the Les Paul, but never got real warmth from them (I blame it on active
> stuff).

Last one I made I used a highoutput single coil from a Schecter and a set
of 3 Fender TexMex's. Current one I am using a pair of Gretsch Filtertron
humbuckers (completely different than anything another company has, and is
a different size than the usual Gibby or Fender Humbuckers)
June 22, 2004 3:57:17 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:01:05 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> <speechless> See my comment on pict5425.
>
> Thanks for the comment. Having had several photos 'bought' (i.e.
> $PERSON requests purchase, I agree and go through the rituals, they
> agree and 'borrow' the photo to enlarge, I hear nothing back), I've
> stopped offering my photos for sale. :(

Awwwww................. <cries>

Well, if you ever print it up, just quote me an outrageous price,
and when you get my money in the mail, pop it in a shipping tube. ;)

> Dare I say that that photo was put on the site as an afterthought?

No way. It's my favorite!

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
June 22, 2004 4:03:15 AM

Schrodinger wrote:
> "Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:13:38 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
>>
>>> The photo. Can't see it.
>>
>> http://boltondave.fotopic.net/p4658459.html
>>

> That picture is amazing. I can see what you're getting at with the
> others - some don't work that well, although I know what you were
> looking at.
>
> It often looks to me like they could stand a little more saturation
> and contrast, although the photo above lends the lie to this - the
> subtlety of the colours is a real pleasure to see and is up there
> with some of the best colour pictures I have seen.
>
> I like the voting system, except it's annoying having to "ok" it each
> time and then reload the same picture. If you wrote it, it is really
> very good, however. I wonder if something more along the lines of
> amihotornot.com is easier?
>
> I don't want to go overboard with this, but I would personally be
> happy to have that picture hanging on my wall - along with maybe 2 or
> 3 of the others. Given that I have no idea - and could care less -
> where the photos are I think that is saying a lot.

I have the *perfect* spot picked out for that photo on one of my
bedroom walls! It's killing me that Dave won't sell me a print.

Maybe if we both grovel...........................

--
>^,,^< Miracle
June 22, 2004 4:11:11 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> My new toy:
>
> <http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/...
> locale=en_US>
>
> Got it early for my birthday, along with the "dock", a little printer
> for printing glossy prints.

Mmmmmm, *nice*. The Kodaks were hard to find here, but I did
see one. That store didn't have the printer, so I went back and got the
Sony I wanted.
I think I'd like the convenience of the quick-print system.

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
June 22, 2004 7:41:47 PM

> Mr K wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:01:05 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
> >
> >> <speechless> See my comment on pict5425.
> >
> > Thanks for the comment. Having had several photos 'bought' (i.e.
> > $PERSON requests purchase, I agree and go through the rituals, they
> > agree and 'borrow' the photo to enlarge, I hear nothing back), I've
> > stopped offering my photos for sale. :(

How can you say that to Miracle - everyone here *knows* she is trustworthy.
I'm sure I've seen posts where she's sent stuff to people and vice versa.

C'mon Mr K - this isn't any old plonker off t'internet ya know!

> Awwwww................. <cries>
>
> Well, if you ever print it up, just quote me an outrageous price,
> and when you get my money in the mail, pop it in a shipping tube. ;)
>

> > Dare I say that that photo was put on the site as an afterthought?
>

> No way. It's my favorite!
>
> --
> {{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
> >^,,^< Miracle

June 22, 2004 11:57:49 PM

<miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

> So I'm having all this fun with this thing, and I wondered,
>since there are so many propellerheads/geeks in here, what
>your favorite 'electronic' toy is, other than a desktop or laptop?

I've recently picked up one of the Archos Gmini 120 mp3 players.

20GB HD, very good sound quality, but a tad heavy.

Pretty cool little critter.

jtougas

listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go

e.e. cummings
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 1:23:48 AM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2jq4g2F14ru1lU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> I think I'd like the convenience of the quick-print system.

I don't plan to print that much, but it's probably useful for those few
people I know who don't look at the web. Even my mom is online, but she can
probably use prints to bore the folks on the casino-bound bus trips she
takes. ;)
June 23, 2004 4:53:49 AM

Schrodinger wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Mr K wrote:

>>> Thanks for the comment. Having had several photos 'bought' (i.e.
>>> $PERSON requests purchase, I agree and go through the rituals, they
>>> agree and 'borrow' the photo to enlarge, I hear nothing back), I've
>>> stopped offering my photos for sale. :(
>>

> How can you say that to Miracle - everyone here *knows* she is
> trustworthy. I'm sure I've seen posts where she's sent stuff to
> people and vice versa.
>
> C'mon Mr K - this isn't any old plonker off t'internet ya know!

{{{{{{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}}}}}} Aw, thank you, Schro. But I'm afraid
I *do* fit the part about "old". At least in physical years. ;)

I sit here each night with a cool purple LED glowing, thanks to
Thrasher. I still gotta find something cool to send him as a "thank
you", even tho he refused to take anything in trade.
I've got to see pics of a lot of y'all, and I don't think it's any big
secret that I've sorta adopted all of y'all. 'Cept for Randy- he's way
too big of a horndog to think of as a kid! LOL

I've had the BEST luck when it comes to meeting folks online-
I've made some friendships that will last until I croak. I've gotten to
meet a bunch in person, too, which is REALLY cool.

If Mr K has reasons that make him uneasy to sell his photos,
I understand. It might be quite a hassle for him, what with him
living overseas. I just love that photo, and thought it would make a
swell way to remember him always. :)

(Of course, concerning DEbig3, how could I ever forget *him*?!?!?)
LOL

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 4:24:45 PM

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:53:49 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

[Snip - piggybacking again, ye olde BTi news server malfunnything etc]

>> How can you say that to Miracle - everyone here *knows* she is
>> trustworthy. I'm sure I've seen posts where she's sent stuff to
>> people and vice versa.
>>
>> C'mon Mr K - this isn't any old plonker off t'internet ya know!

Indeed, but...

[Snip]

> If Mr K has reasons that make him uneasy to sell his photos,
> I understand.

It really does piss me off too.
(Personal rant at organisations removed)

> It might be quite a hassle for him, what with him living overseas.

Well, there is that too, I guess. :(

> I just love that photo, and thought it would make a swell way to
> remember him always. :)

Wha, a whitewashed wall and laundry being hung out to dry?

> (Of course, concerning DEbig3, how could I ever forget *him*?!?!?)

Who?

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 7:00:32 PM

<miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:

>>[snippalicious]
> {{{{{{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}}}}}} Aw, thank you, Schro. But I'm afraid
>I *do* fit the part about "old". At least in physical years. ;)

Hey, you might be physically old, but as long as you never grow up
we'll call you young.

> I sit here each night with a cool purple LED glowing, thanks to
>Thrasher. I still gotta find something cool to send him as a "thank
>you", even tho he refused to take anything in trade.

Duh! Cookies!!!1!

> I've got to see pics of a lot of y'all, and I don't think it's any big
>secret that I've sorta adopted all of y'all. 'Cept for Randy- he's way
>too big of a horndog to think of as a kid! LOL

Mmmmmm, thank you. If I ever have time in my life again, I still want
to make a purple case in honor of you. In fact, I have the case, but
until I get time to finish my current desired case for myself, I'm
using that case to house my system.

> I've had the BEST luck when it comes to meeting folks online-
>I've made some friendships that will last until I croak. I've gotten to
>meet a bunch in person, too, which is REALLY cool.

I have more friends online than in real life. But I've met precious
few of them.

> (Of course, concerning DEbig3, how could I ever forget *him*?!?!?)

Agreed. He's probably the groups biggest asset (or ass, I can't
always tell the difference).

> LOL

RagManX
http://www.gamingideas.com/ - think you can make a better game? Let's hear why.
June 24, 2004 4:29:43 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:53:49 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
> [Snip - piggybacking again, ye olde BTi news server malfunnything etc]
>
>>> How can you say that to Miracle - everyone here *knows* she is
>>> trustworthy. I'm sure I've seen posts where she's sent stuff to
>>> people and vice versa.
>>>
>>> C'mon Mr K - this isn't any old plonker off t'internet ya know!
>
> Indeed, but...
>
> [Snip]
>
>> If Mr K has reasons that make him uneasy to sell his photos,
>> I understand.
>
> It really does piss me off too.
> (Personal rant at organisations removed)
>
>> It might be quite a hassle for him, what with him living overseas.
>
> Well, there is that too, I guess. :(
>
>> I just love that photo, and thought it would make a swell way to
>> remember him always. :)
>
> Wha, a whitewashed wall and laundry being hung out to dry?

~*THWAP!*~ You know good and damn well what I meant!!!

;)

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
June 24, 2004 4:30:59 AM

Randy Graham wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:53:49 -0700, ">^,,^< Miracle"
> <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>>> [snippalicious]
>> {{{{{{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}}}}}} Aw, thank you, Schro. But I'm
>> afraid I *do* fit the part about "old". At least in physical years.
>> ;)
>
> Hey, you might be physically old, but as long as you never grow up
> we'll call you young.

Works for me!!!! :D

>> I sit here each night with a cool purple LED glowing, thanks to
>> Thrasher. I still gotta find something cool to send him as a "thank
>> you", even tho he refused to take anything in trade.
>
> Duh! Cookies!!!1!

Oh yeah...............

>> I've got to see pics of a lot of y'all, and I don't think it's
>> any big secret that I've sorta adopted all of y'all. 'Cept for
>> Randy- he's way too big of a horndog to think of as a kid! LOL
>
> Mmmmmm, thank you. If I ever have time in my life again, I still want
> to make a purple case in honor of you. In fact, I have the case, but
> until I get time to finish my current desired case for myself, I'm
> using that case to house my system.

Okay, I'll hold you to that! :)

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 3:02:20 PM

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:29:43 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> ~*THWAP!*~ You know good and damn well what I meant!!!
>
> ;)

That's right, treat me rough. :D

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
June 25, 2004 4:06:20 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:29:43 -0700, >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>
>> ~*THWAP!*~ You know good and damn well what I meant!!!
>>
>> ;)
>
> That's right, treat me rough. :D

Ooh, I've got your number now.............................

<sifts through goodie box for cat-o-nine tails>

--
!