writing an email in Japanese

Carl

I am blessed with hositng a Japanese visitor for 2 weeks. They would like to
be able to write emails in Japanese to send back to Japan. I have clicked on
Start, Control Panel, Regional Options, Regional and Language Options,
Languages tab, Details..., Add, and scrolled down through the list of
available languages. Japanese is not one of them. I have Windows XP
Professional. I have searched the Microsoft web page for help on adding the
Japanese language but all my searches end up with hits on Office XP Language
Packs. I don't think this is what I want because my visitor only wants to
use email. My email service is MSN.COM. Help!

Carl,

go to control panel, regional and language options, language tab.

Mark the bo next to "Install files for East Asian Languages"

then go to details and add.
hope this helps,
RT
"Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am blessed with hositng a Japanese visitor for 2 weeks. They would like
> be able to write emails in Japanese to send back to Japan. I have clicked
> on
> Start, Control Panel, Regional Options, Regional and Language Options,
> Languages tab, Details..., Add, and scrolled down through the list of
> available languages. Japanese is not one of them. I have Windows XP
> Professional. I have searched the Microsoft web page for help on adding
> the
> Japanese language but all my searches end up with hits on Office XP
> Language
> Packs. I don't think this is what I want because my visitor only wants to
> use email. My email service is MSN.COM. Help!

Carl

Rafael,

It worked like a charm. Thank you so very, very much!