General Discussion

aj59

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Have 2 Acer 5520 laptops bought within 2 weeks of each other. Vista Home Premium. Dual core CPU. What I was wondering, both are connected to same home wireless network. Snooping around computer I see that Gb used is within 3Gb of each other on "C" disc 2 machines but my 'top on "D" disc has 64.3 free and hers has 69.3 free out of the 69.5 they both started out with when new. Why the dif since they have been updated when required

Have you done the exact same thing on both laptops since you had them? Go to the same web sites each time for the same amount of time, download the exact same applications, done the same updates, etc...? If not, don't worry about the size differences. This falls under the heading "don't touch stuff that's not broken". You can always do a search on the D drive and compare the files between the two. Try using WinDirStat and scan the disk, will come up with a detailed map of what's there. http://windirstat.info/

aj59

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
hang-the-9. thanks for answering. no probably not. i like to seach for lot of "junk". download things etc. she likes to keep hers clean, not downloading a lot of stuff as to keep it working for school things. gonna download the website u suggested. (ah, another download) will look at it and see whats so diff. thanks