Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp pro error

Last response: in Windows XP
July 15, 2010 4:01:30 AM

Hello,
I just reinstalled XP Pro from quick recovery disks on a lenovo thinkcentre. Now everytime I boot up I get this system preparation tool window. It slows things up for about 20 to 30 seconds. Is there any way I can disable this
window. In fact, I have no idea what it is used for. Reseal, auto boot, factory

More about : windows pro error

July 15, 2010 4:26:37 AM

See if that program is listed in the add/remove programs. If it is, uninstall it.

If not, start-->run-->msconfig-->disable that program from the startup tab.
m
l
July 15, 2010 4:30:14 AM

rbmaurya76 said:
Hello,
I just reinstalled XP Pro from quick recovery disks on a lenovo thinkcentre. Now everytime I boot up I get this system preparation tool window. It slows things up for about 20 to 30 seconds. Is there any way I can disable this
window. In fact, I have no idea what it is used for. Reseal, auto boot, factory

Here is what I can find on this subject. "Reseal" is like saving your settings, "Auto Boot" will cause your computer to start up following a power outage, "Factory" restores corrupt Windows files (I have no idea where it keeps them to do the restore)

I found these instructions of how to get rid of the system preparation tool window.
(These are not my instructions, so if they don't apply to your computer model,
say so and I'll locate other information for you) Try to make sense out if this:

Quote:
Go to the “Options” box and make sure the following are checked:

- Don’t reset grace period for activation
- Use Mini-Setup
- Don’t regenerate security identifiers

Go to the “Shutdown mode” through the drop down menu and change this setting to “Quit”

Click the “Reseal” button

Note:
Make sure to reload the OS using Rescue and Recovery first before doing the steps above.

m
l
July 15, 2010 4:42:00 AM

[#3b00ff]Can I get a model number on that computer of yours?
Well, that is if what I submitted is no good. :( 
I read more, "Reseal" is to make computer ready for end use (customer)
[/#3b00f]
m
l
!