Looking for a Chipset Fan Replacement

NoClue

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I wasn't sure if I should place this specifically under the EPoX boards or here. I need to replace the chipset fan on an EPox 9NPA+Ultra. It has gotten very LOUD; it sounds like it is grinding. This is a new are for me so I don't have a clue what will work/fit. See the link provided for an example of how this chipset fan is arranged. It sits right next to the PCI-e slot which gives it vey little, if any, wiggle room.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTExMDk0NzI5NkpSdHVBNHhZRXFfMV8xMV9sLmpwZw==

Not only do I need suggestions but where can I also purchase. Thanks ahead of time.

You could also try asking the mobo manufacturer for a replacement. Back when Asus was having tons of problems with their A8N-SLI cooler they gave me a new one for free when it died. No harm in trying, unless you want to get something better.

I have a EP-9NDA3J sitting in a box in my closet that stopped working last summer. It has that exact same heatsink and fan on it. You can have it if you want to pay for shipping. If you want something really quiet, you could get a passive heatsink from Zalman:

ZM-NB47J_02_s(0).jpg

NoClue

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I would contact EPoX but they closed their doors early last year. And, yes badgtx1969, it is a 40mm. Good eye!

rwpritchett, do think a passive heatsink would suffice for heat dissipation? (and just in case, how much do you think shipping would be and thanks for offering; much appreciated).