Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bootmgr Missing/System Recovery discs don't work

Last response: in Windows Vista
Share
February 10, 2012 6:09:23 AM

Hello all! Sorry if this has already been answered but i'm totally new to this.

I was trying to restore my Toshiba Qosmio x300 to its original settings like when I bought it from the store using the 2 system recovery discs they gave me at the time. The first went fine but when I was asked to place the next in and press ok it kept ejecting itself after 30 seconds. I tried restarting the process but same thing. Now if I try to load the computer normally after the F2/F12 general logo start up screen I get the message 'Bootmgr missing to restart press ctrl alt delete'. NO IDEA what to do. I don't have any windows or vista cds either, just the system recovery ones. ANY IDEAS PLEASE? (my computer skills are basic so try to dumb it down for me lol) thanks!
February 10, 2012 6:28:48 AM

sugartz said:
Hello all! Sorry if this has already been answered but i'm totally new to this.

I was trying to restore my Toshiba Qosmio x300 to its original settings like when I bought it from the store using the 2 system recovery discs they gave me at the time. The first went fine but when I was asked to place the next in and press ok it kept ejecting itself after 30 seconds. I tried restarting the process but same thing. Now if I try to load the computer normally after the F2/F12 general logo start up screen I get the message 'Bootmgr missing to restart press ctrl alt delete'. NO IDEA what to do. I don't have any windows or vista cds either, just the system recovery ones. ANY IDEAS PLEASE? (my computer skills are basic so try to dumb it down for me lol) thanks!

Chapter one, Page 62 begins Recovery Options for Toshiba.
Hope this is of assistance for your Model.
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/manuals...


(The option, holding the 0 key down may be your salvation)

Other links that may help.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Toshiba+Qosmio+x300+boot+m...
February 10, 2012 6:46:46 AM

ksiemb said:
Chapter one, Page 62 begins Recovery Options for Toshiba.
Hope this is of assistance for your Model.
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/manuals...


(The option, holding the 0 key down may be your salvation)

Other links that may help.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Toshiba+Qosmio+x300+boot+m...


With the discs I get up to #7 on Chapter one, Page 64. It never gets to the point of saying it's done being recovered because the final disc it needs won't stay in and be read. And when I press 0 it does the same thing saying its copying but then asks for something to be inserted in the tray but I don't have any others to place in it? :( 
February 10, 2012 7:17:44 AM

sugartz said:
With the discs I get up to #7 on Chapter one, Page 64. It never gets to the point of saying it's done being recovered because the final disc it needs won't stay in and be read. And when I press 0 it does the same thing saying its copying but then asks for something to be inserted in the tray but I don't have any others to place in it? :( 

I would contact Toshiba, obtain new recovery disks
!