Sign in with
Your question

Belkin wirless g firewall

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 27, 2009 7:27:51 PM

can my belkin wirless g router block my xp from seeing my vista pc on my home network? my pc's do not see each other and the xp only shows local connection, should it also be showing my wireless network connection? HELP if u can, thanks.
Anonymous
April 27, 2009 8:26:26 PM

More likely it's Windows or other software firewall(s). Turn them off -- once a reliable connection is made, re-enable and they should adapt to the new connections.
May 1, 2009 6:14:03 PM

Quote:
More likely it's Windows or other software firewall(s). Turn them off -- once a reliable connection is made, re-enable and they should adapt to the new connections.

i tried doing that a couple of times but still get nothing, i dont understand why my xp in the office where my router and cable modem are cant see the wireless connection my vista is on? i have tried everything but nothing works, it should be simple but i'm over looking something what i dont have a clue. thanks you for your advice. if you think of anything else it could be please let me know and thanks again.
May 1, 2009 10:09:43 PM

1. Are the computers on the same IP sub net?
Are the addresses DHCP assigned?
Run this command in a cmd window on both computers to see all the IP address info>> ipconfig /all

2. Is your wireless router secured with WEP or WPA?

3. Can both computers access the internet?
!