Your question

Spread Spectrum + OC = stable !!

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2008 12:59:53 AM

Hello,

I try to OC 5000+ x2 black edition from 2.6+ ghz (stock) to marely 3.0 ghz using default bios settings wich should be easy whit that cpu revision acording to many many reviews even whit my mobo wich is an msi-k9Ngm3 bios= up-to-date = 2.4 .

I wont go into detail yet, but by using cpu spread spectrum = enabled orthos keeps running my cpu just fine for hours !!
Now, when spread spectrum disabled it Fails after 20 min already ?

Maybe ill try prime95...and see if its an software related rather then hardware!!

The default settings are:

FSB= 200
Multiplier 15x
Core= 1.35v
Chipset = 1.2v
mem divider= auto = ram stock speed 667mhz
ddr667 = 1.9v

How come everyboddy advise uss to disable spread spectrum doing OC when infact it works allot better leaving it enabled for me ?

Thanks in advance anyway,

kabukster,

More about : spread spectrum stable

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2008 2:32:13 PM

wow :o  so many reply's !!
September 22, 2008 2:51:58 PM

whats there to comment?do what you like!you pretty much conclude EVERYTHING you are not asking for suggestings or anything.maybe thats why aye?!
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 22, 2008 11:56:55 PM

iluvgillgill said:
whats there to comment?do what you like!you pretty much conclude EVERYTHING you are not asking for suggestings or anything.maybe thats why aye?!

Iam sorry iluvgillgill,

But you got me all wrong :ange: 

Although it may seem like i conclude many things for "myself" and didnt asked or suggest anything.
I didnt started an topic because iam pretty sure of myself you know!! !

Well, my question wos and still is "more or less" :

Quote:

How come everyboddy advise uss to disable spread spectrum doing OC when infact it works allot better leaving it enabled for me ?

kabukster,

Meaning, i had more succes leaving spread spectrum on while stressing my cpu through orthos!!
And i like to know is this a deception or does that happend for an reason!?

Also, it confuses me why many POEPLE many reviews on this matter say/claim that Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Brisbane can be OC to lets say 3.2 Ghz whit EASE...= stock/default voltage settings on everything?

I dont get it stable at even 3Ghz using default settings through orthos in the long run let alone @ 3.2ghz !!?
but it does at 2.8 ghz whit stock voltage !!

The load temps varying between 62C° and 65C° using 3.0ghz @ vcore 1.350 (bios setting) yes bios setting because cpuid reports 1.39 a 1.40 :o  while stressing!!!

I thought as long the system doesnt crash from heat problems i add another 0.025 to vcore to see if things go better whit 3 Gzh vcore at 1.375 And things get more stable but the tempareture is getting dangerous close to 70C° according to PC alert 4!!!
I know wot you think and probebly woud me use speedfan or coretemp, but the thing is my system froze/crashed at peak of 71C°+ measured by pc alert 4 once. Meaning, now i know i cant go that hot anymore when i stick to pc alert 4 for the readings you see!
But increasing voltage up to 1.375 didnt run my cpu stable either!? Therefor i bhought myself another cooler Xigmatek sd964 wich gets pretty good scores and reviews. And ill see how that works from there i guess

And another thing is my ddr667 ram is all from the same brand wich is kingstong for this purpose.
Now, when i set my ram 1:1 to that the fsb cpuid reads cpu/9!!? Doesnt it supose to read 1:1 ?

I know , all of an sudden allot of questions :pt1cable: 

But you asked for it :D 

September 23, 2008 12:07:32 AM

i left it off because i _want_ to find errors.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 10:16:14 AM

Superhal said:
i left it off because i _want_ to find errors.

superhal,

Are you mocking me :non: 

@ilovgillgilll

Have you read this last post whit an load of faqs of mine lately?

Also i like to plea for helpfull guidance to anyone who read this !

kabster,
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 12:27:43 PM

People say C1E causes instability too, but I get an extra 10-15FSB with it enabled. Computers are random.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 2:16:43 PM

randomizer said:
People say C1E causes instability too, but I get an extra 10-15FSB with it enabled. Computers are random.

Hi randomizer,

I like/tend to overDo somethings in life :sweat: 

But before i do i realy make sure i know for 90% wot iam doing! So can you please elaborate "C1E" to me please :hello: 

Thank you in advance,

Well, now my cpu is running 2600ghz@2800ghz stable throug orthos for hours thus far!!
using 1.35 v ---> when stressed speedfan, everest and even cpuid shows 1.40v+

Now that puzzles me poeple ... when it reports 1.4 under stress have i not realy set my core voltage to 1.4 rather then 1.35=default?

ram ddr667 pc5300 is set at 1:66 to maintain its stock speed (667mhz)more or less... Yes more or less because cpuid gives me 31x+ speeds from my ram instead of 333mhz !? Wot do i have to conclude out of that ?

chipset is sett at 1.25 = realy makes no difference upping it for stable performance :whistle: 
Have tried 3ghz using 1.45v chipset volt and still no go in the long run test using orthos!!

Pfff ... and prime95 tends to run much much longer stressing my oc 2600@3000mhz !!!?

Wich programs are better to test stress orthos or prime95 others say gamebenchmark is better way to test stability !i!

kabster,

September 23, 2008 3:41:08 PM

If I could read your post, I might be inclined to comment.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 6:05:12 PM

jay_l_a said:
If I could read your post, I might be inclined to comment.

Oh please , keep your smart ass comment for yourself :pfff: 

Everything you need to know is well written in english in my posts.

So, i suggest you RE-read my post slowly but surely if it doesnt make sense to you.

If that doesnt help, i strongly advise you take english class ASAP !!

There are poeple out there who are far more wurse speaking/writing english then iam and still get tons of replys/comments the "'attention'" if you like!

Now, to pick up on the topic...

Its realy amazing, i finaly managed to get my oc 5000+@6000+ by upp the FSB instead of the multiplier whit everything at STOCK/default voltages !!!?
I thought they unlockeded the multiplier so we coud OC that bEAST whit ease !!! But nothing is further from the truth :pfff: 

But 15x200 = 3.0ghz = stable isnt an option in my case!!
but 14x 215= 3.008Ghz = stable for hours by now through orhtos :sol: 

So , this means bussiness i guess :lol:  . And my next step is reaching 3.1 ghz and finaly to get to the hard core of that beast 3.4 Ghz maybe even 3.6Ghz :ouch: 

yours truly kabster,

September 23, 2008 8:12:50 PM

LOL.

>>If that doesnt help, i strongly advise you take english class ASAP !!

Try a capital letter on English. An apostrophe in 'doesn't'. And maybe capitalize 'I'.

But, I digress; I'd love to take an English class. Perhaps you could volunteer and would help me with gems such as:

>>to marely 3.0 ghz using default bios settings
>>whit that cpu revision acording to many many reviews even whit my mobo wich
>>and see if its an software related rather then hardware
>>How come everyboddy advise uss
>>when infact it works allot better
>>and didnt asked or suggest anything
>>I didnt started an topic
>>iam pretty sure of myself
>>my question wos and still is
>>does that happend for an reason

I could go on.

My point being: if I don't even bother proof reading my post, I can't expect people to waste time answering my question.

September 23, 2008 8:22:11 PM

no i wasn't mocking you. PLL spread spectrum will hide errors that i want to find to make sure the OC is stable.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 9:06:38 PM

jay_l_a said:
LOL.

>>If that doesnt help, i strongly advise you take english class ASAP !!

Try a capital letter on English. An apostrophe in 'doesn't'. And maybe capitalize 'I'.

But, I digress; I'd love to take an English class. Perhaps you could volunteer and would help me with gems such as:

>>to marely 3.0 ghz using default bios settings
>>whit that cpu revision acording to many many reviews even whit my mobo wich
>>and see if its an software related rather then hardware
>>How come everyboddy advise uss
>>when infact it works allot better
>>and didnt asked or suggest anything
>>I didnt started an topic
>>iam pretty sure of myself
>>my question wos and still is
>>does that happend for an reason

I could go on.

My point being: if I don't even bother proof reading my post, I can't expect people to waste time answering my question.

Are you almost done Trolling :pfff:  ? Trolling whit an capital T as in you have some nerve hijacking my topic dude!!

If you dont have anything better to do then to troll my topic and question my Eng"r"ish, hence the troll course of action you take!
I suggest you leave and dont give this site an bad name :non:  because of your childish behaviour boy=anytyhing but an adult i woud say!!

I didnt start this topic to question my English, in case you didnt noticed the topic title!

Besides, hows your dutch these days ehh?

September 23, 2008 9:11:16 PM

My Dutch is fantastic. How dare you question that?

OK. I'll stop hijacking your thread. I promise.

Can we be friends now?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 9:14:42 PM

jay_l_a said:
And maybe capitalize 'I'.

Maybe ..? Maybe !!

Are you saying now, you beeing the expert in english lecture me about how to pronounce english and all that i shoud ''maybe" capitalize "I".

Is that a yes or no wot is it now!!??

Thats rich , thats realy something.... After all those smart ass-iam-So-much-better-then-all-the-rest cocky comments you tell me youre (or is it you're) not sure wheiter i shoud capitalize I or not hahah :lol: 
lol

ROFL :lol:  :lol: 

No, realy give it a rest before you are the laughing stock arround here will ya :lol:  :lol: 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 23, 2008 9:24:13 PM

jay_l_a said:
My Dutch is fantastic. How dare you question that?

Errm, how can i question something you didnt wrote/typed/stated=know for that matter!

I wos marely asking! And no, i wont do an spellcheck on poeple posts in wotever language they try to express themselfs but rather will puzzle the bits and pieces togeter and make the best out those posts to understand them and hopefully to help them.

But thats just me :whistle: 

Check this guy poeple:

jay_l_a said:

OK. I'll stop hijacking your thread. I promise.

He first brake my balls.....

jay_l_a said:

Can we be friends now?

and afterwards wants to be my friend ..

Thats like shoot first and ask questions later :pt1cable: 

So long .... ive had it whit this place
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2008 12:13:35 AM

*Ignores latter half of the thread*

C1E is a power-saving mechanism that decreases the CPU multiplier usually down to 6x and also lowers the vcore significantly. You save (a little bit) on power and you keep the CPU running cooler at idle too. It has no effects on performance because the CPU speeds up within a few microseconds of increased load.

In the case of your FSB vs multiplier overclock, my guess is there are other things at play here. I have read, but can't be sure, that using a multiplier other than default can cause strange stability problems. Try disabling Speedstep/EIST in the BIOS if you have that option, it performs a similar function as C1E but may not work properly with multipliers other than default. Also disable C1E if you still can't overclock with the multiplier and see if it helps.
September 24, 2008 1:19:12 AM

basically when overclock you want as little fluctuation as possible to speed and voltage. thats why its recommended to turn OFF all those smart features such as C1E,Enhance State,SpeedStep and of course Spread Spectrum. Thats why we have Load Line Calibration which will calibrate the the voltage across the board to minimise voltage change between load and idle(vdrop vdroop) so the voltage stay in a "line".

but every piece of hardware is different and can react differently in different version of BIOS and settings.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2008 1:30:28 AM

iluvgillgill said:
but every piece of hardware is different and can react differently in different version of BIOS and settings.

Which is why no one rule works for everything. Try after you buy.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 24, 2008 10:28:07 PM

randomizer said:
*Ignores latter half of the thread*

C1E is a power-saving mechanism that decreases the CPU multiplier usually down to 6x and also lowers the vcore significantly. You save (a little bit) on power and you keep the CPU running cooler at idle too. It has no effects on performance because the CPU speeds up within a few microseconds of increased load.

In the case of your FSB vs multiplier overclock, my guess is there are other things at play here. I have read, but can't be sure, that using a multiplier other than default can cause strange stability problems. Try disabling Speedstep/EIST in the BIOS if you have that option, it performs a similar function as C1E but may not work properly with multipliers other than default. Also disable C1E if you still can't overclock with the multiplier and see if it helps.

Oh my... :o 

I have an strong feeling you are actually reffering to C&Q=cool and quiet feature when you use terms like "C"1E !!
Why didnt you formulated that emediatly in layman terms :whistle:  ... Iam not an hardcore overclocker you see, i didnt know that terms untill you explained the function of it..
And iam sure many other readers feel the same about it!

Well, ive read many many things about overclocking by now..
And i know the main rule is to disable these so called helpfull features in bios like C&Q , spread spectrum, etc...

Well this is my stable setup at last whit an stress time of 4+ hours stable through orthos:

system is:

mobo = K9NGM3-fih bios just updated to 2.4v
processor= Athlon 64 x2 5000+ black edition (brisbane = cpuid reading)
DDR RAM 667 (pc5300)= 3x 1gb = kingston 1x1gb = kingston/samsung !!
PSU= 460watt = brand name i have to look up and open case ! Unless i can read that kind of info through an utility aswell :D 
1x sata Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 (splitted in several partitions)
1x external Maxtor Onetouch (splitted partions aswell)
3x dvdwriter samsung sh-203d, sh-203N, Lite-on LH-20A1P
1x dvdrom Samsung Sh-162C kreon firm :D 

Stable 4+ hours thus far bios settings:

CPU FSB = 200
CPU RATIO= 15x
FSB:D RAM= 1:1 ( i dont know for sure if i need voltage tweaks by underclocking my ram or if i have to keep my mem speed as close as possible to the max default speed of my ddr667 modules!!)
PCIE Frequence= 100
Disable PCI Freq = disabled
CPU Volt =1.350 (auto = default optimized set= 1.350 aswell)
MEM Volt = 1.85 (since DDR667 works on 1.8 and above all it isnt overclocked. so it dont make sense to stress my ram whit more voltage)
ChipSET Volt = 1.25v

Now , i like to add that eventually rasing FSB to 214 x 14 wosnt such an good idea after all.
But wot strikes me is that i managed to over clock my 2.6 to 2.8ghz by using 1.25 volts as Vcore :o 
That means 0.1 v less then wot the optimized default setting woud use for 2.6 Ghz !!?

I redid the whole mod thing from scratch and yes my 2.6 Ghz processor runs at 2.8 Ghz using only 1.25 v through orthos for prox 4+hours aswell!!

Wot do i have to make out of this !?

Also, when i hitt the sealing oc my 2.6 to 3.0 using 1.25 , from ther i then upped the vcore to 1.325 (add another 0.1) but that lasted for 6+min :cry:  through orthos) Then i add voltage to my vdimm , too see if that woud help anything and because the cpu temperature was gettin close to 60°C aswell. But it kept failing at prox 6min+ through orthos... :pfff: 
So i eventually ended up whit the above mentioned bios setting to get it stable whit cpu temps between 58C° - 61C°. Wich is probebly a bit high for this "energy efficient" processor isnt it!?

But i finaly get it stable at the stock default vcore setting by just using the multiplier !!

Iam sure ive done the same thing before in the past, but i couldnt get it stable for hours :o  !!?

Does the fluctuating HIGH temperature have anything to do whit my random stability test mayhap??

your truly

kabster,

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 25, 2008 7:06:12 AM

AMD and Intel set the default vcore higher than is necessarily required for stability at stock speeds to ensure stability under any load. That is why you can overclock on stock voltage, or in many cases, overclock with less than stock voltage. If your CPU's stock voltage is 1.35V, you have no reason to leave it at 1.325, you might as well put it up to 1.35V to see if you can reach 3GHz.

60C is not really that hot, and remember that your processor is rated as energy efficient only while running at default speeds and voltage. If you increase these values, it defeats the purpose of being energy efficient ;)  Also remember that temperature is not dependent only on how much heat you are producing, but how fast you can take it away, ie. how good your heatsink is. If you are using the stock heatsink, you can expect it to run reasonably warm. Both AMD and Intel provide heatsinks that are designed to keep the processor at a safe temperature at stock speeds and voltages in typical ambient temperatures. If they supplied better coolers, they would increase the price, so they provide only what is needed.
September 25, 2008 7:50:21 AM

randomizer said:
AMD and Intel set the default vcore higher than is necessarily required for stability at stock speeds to ensure stability under any load. That is why you can overclock on stock voltage, or in many cases, overclock with less than stock voltage. If your CPU's stock voltage is 1.35V, you have no reason to leave it at 1.325, you might as well put it up to 1.35V to see if you can reach 3GHz.

60C is not really that hot, and remember that your processor is rated as energy efficient only while running at default speeds and voltage. If you increase these values, it defeats the purpose of being energy efficient ;)  Also remember that temperature is not dependent only on how much heat you are producing, but how fast you can take it away, ie. how good your heatsink is. If you are using the stock heatsink, you can expect it to run reasonably warm. Both AMD and Intel provide heatsinks that are designed to keep the processor at a safe temperature at stock speeds and voltages in typical ambient temperatures. If they supplied better coolers, they would increase the price, so they provide only what is needed.

Thanks randomizer for your insight on this! As for my final review on this matter, final since the admin has deactivate my old account just like that whitout warning or anything as to why i get deactivated :heink:  !!! And i dont intend to stay on such an corrupted site anylonger !!

I think iam on the right track this time :ange: 
I just have done an stress test of 8hours+ whit that configuration i mentioned in my previous post whit ZER0 problems :) 

The next step is to try and reach 3.2 Ghz and leave it at that once i get it stable :D 
I have a good idea right now how it all works.

kabukster@gain :sarcastic: 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 25, 2008 8:00:14 AM

Regarding your account deactivation, were you newly registered before? There have been multiple issues with registration recently, as you will see if you go to the bug reporting section. I take it you never received an account activation email? Your account is automatically deleted in 48 hours if you don't activate, and this problem has caused quite a few headaches.
a c 99 à CPUs
a c 231 K Overclocking
September 25, 2008 4:57:32 PM

Quote:

system is:

mobo = K9NGM3-fih bios just updated to 2.4v
processor= Athlon 64 x2 5000+ black edition (brisbane = cpuid reading)
DDR RAM 667 (pc5300)= 3x 1gb = kingston 1x1gb = kingston/samsung !!
PSU= 460watt = brand name i have to look up and open case ! Unless i can read that kind of info through an utility aswell :D 
1x sata Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 (splitted in several partitions)
1x external Maxtor Onetouch (splitted partions aswell)

The first thing I see wrong with your setup that will be affecting your overall performance and OCing possibilities is using 3 1G memory modules on a dual channel M/B, my advice is to drop to 2 1G modules in the reccommended Dual Channel slots!

That odd module is causing problems you can always get another 1G and run 4G stabilizing the 3G instability and returning you to true dual channel mode.

I've always disabled spread spectrum as its a performance hit, but if it gains performance for you thats a good indicator you have problems elsewhere you need to resolve.

You stated leaving your memory timings on Auto, I suggest going to Kingston and finding your exact memory spec timings and DDR2 voltage and set those manually.

Why? Do you have all these optical drives???

I have 1 DVDRW in my system, thats all you really need! But thats your perogative and choice.

For the Vcore you say you're running your temps are too high, because you'll have to run a higher Vcore to reach the higher multipliers, and you will not get there with the temps you posted, how are you cooling the CPU and are there any case airflow improvements you could make?

I'm running a 5400+ BE @3.2G on air cooling for me to run 3.4G stable I'll have to go the watercooling route.

You should be able to run 3.0G on air rock solid with the 5000+ BE, with spread spectrum disabled all day long, if you find and eliminate your problems as was previously suggested to you about the second response of this thread, [which suggestion you seemed to take as an insult and I don't think he meant it that way], you should be good.

Any Questions?
September 25, 2008 6:34:02 PM

4Ryan6 said:
The first thing I see wrong with your setup that will be affecting your overall performance and OCing possibilities is using 3 1G memory modules on a dual channel M/B, my advice is to drop to 2 1G modules in the reccommended Dual Channel slots!
That odd module is causing problems you can always get another 1G and run 4G stabilizing the 3G instability and returning you to true dual channel mode.

HIdya Ryan,

No, i wosnt clear about that i guess. Iam running 4x1gig modules and 1 of them is kingstong labeled but appearantly manufactured by samsung after doing some research :heink: 

I dont know for sure wot you mean "True Dual Channel" !?
From the minute i added 2 more sticks the bios changed dual channel= 2 into single channel!!
How can Dual channel be 4 at the same time ryan, i dont quite follow you!!

4Ryan6 said:

You stated leaving your memory timings on Auto, I suggest going to Kingston and finding your exact memory spec timings and DDR2 voltage and set those manually.

I know the timmings, ive read them from the sticks wich tells me that my ddr667's timmings operate at 5-5-5-15, 60ns
And thats wot my bios automatically chose as setting from the looks of wot everest and cpuid reports!
But then again, it also say that those ddr667 modules clocked on 200mhz (wich wos my fsb) should have the following timings : 3-3-3-9. But the bios still chose the dram its default timings 5-5-5-15 !!? Is that wot you mean by setting it manualy?
Anyway, before i upped the Vcore ive played whit those timings and vdimms to see if it made any difference.
And the fact is ryan it didnt noticed any improvements at al in terms of stability.
Maybe it matters to get high benchmark Scores tweaking those timings!? But iam not doing this for the scores! Just cpu performance

4Ryan6 said:

Why? Do you have all these optical drives???

Why not ?
Thats an HOBBY of mine :D 
Their not all working at the same time, so i dont expect to use up much of my psu. And even if they were working all 3 (wich wont happend whit just 1 hd in ahci mode) my psu wich is 460watt is more then adequate to suply power to all of my components from the calculations on a site ive made before i bhought and put togheter my new rigg.
According to those calculations my rigg woud only use up like 250 - 300 watt and that is if i woud use everything at the same time.

4Ryan6 said:

For the Vcore you say you're running your temps are too high, because you'll have to run a higher Vcore to reach the higher multipliers, and you will not get there with the temps you posted, how are you cooling the CPU and are there any case airflow improvements you could make?

Thats right ryan, the highest Vcore i coud chose wos ermm 1.375 and that wos whit temps between 68C° - 71C° using here it comes Coolermaster Very cheap cooler :o  !
I still dont get why i wos able to run orthos for like 8+hours stable whit my cpu clocked at 3.0Ghz using vcore 1.350 vdimm =only 1.85 and chipset= only 1.25 !? But i guess encreasing chipset voltage is only needed when i play and encrease the fsb to higher vallues isnt it!! The same counts for my memory isnt it ! Those too will only need more volts when i tend to overclock my 667 to lets say close to 800 ! Thats wot i experience at least!
I alway thought i needed more Vcore oposed to wot many others claimed . As it didnt worked out for me at first by just playing whit the multyplier :??: 
It probebly is the temp, as i re-did the whole mod thing all over whit my case open. Doing that must have decreased the heat a bit resulting in stable results !

4Ryan6 said:

You should be able to run 3.0G on air rock solid with the 5000+ BE, with spread spectrum disabled all day long, if you find and eliminate your problems as was previously suggested to you about the second response of this thread, [which suggestion you seemed to take as an insult and I don't think he meant it that way], you should be good.

Again, ive managed as you probebly can read from my previous posts to run my oc2.6ghz @ 3.0ghz no problems wotsoever anymore using the following settings:

CPU FSB = 200
CPU RATIO= 15x
FSB:D RAM= 1:1
PCIE Frequence= 100
Disable PCI Freq = disabled
CPU Volt =1.350
MEM Volt = 1.85
ChipSET Volt = 1.25v

pheww. enough quoted for 1 day i must say :sweat: 

Update to my previous STABLE OC settings :love: 
Today i received my new xigmatek sd-964 cooler, and i must say i have a cool cpu now :D 
Temps are idle 30 C° and 50 or so load , but whit my cpu vcore at 1.4 - 1.450 using FSB 207x15 accelerate it to 3.1 or more exactly 3098 - 3099 Mhz :sol: 
And more important running STABLE AGAIN for like 3hours+ today, ill run that beast overnight and hope to reach 8Hours+ again :love: 

First i tried it by just using 16x200 to reach 3200mhz but ermm that didnt went well :cry:  orthos failed after 1+min!!!
i cant go higher then 1.4vcore so i think ill hit the wall doing it gradually by upping the fsb !!
i need to use fsb since i dont have anythign between 15x and 16x so.... i hope for the best!

Its weird i struggle so much to gain these boosts that this site its review took for granted using a mobo wich is high reccommended aswell acording to that review !!
Oh well, i cant complain now ive reached 3.1 Ghz so far :D 
I think.... i think iam in love :love:  hihihi

4Ryan6 said:

Any Questions?

If your realy insist :bounce:  lol

No seriously, apart of my doubts i have about how to use mem timings and ratio.

It seems when i disable "software memory hole" my os wich is xp x64 sp2 only reads 3GB!!
Is that because ive installed that os whit 4GB whit "software memory hole" feature enabled ?

Also, ive recently updated my bios and strange but true sometimes when i save/exit my bios i get black screen and i need to use resset button to reboot my comp!!

It happends frequently !!!!

Maybe they "msi" have designed an flaw in that bios, since i dont have to clear cmos anymore to reboot when overclocking fails but just tap 3 times resset button !!
But then again i checked that by reflash my bios whit my old bios backup wich is many revisions lower 2.2 .
My current bios is 2.4 , and in between theres also 2.3 ... So i wos way behind beeing up-to-date :cry: 

Many thanks ryan in advance,

P.s: account is @gain activated by mail !! I dont know why the activation didnt worked for my first account.
But thats no reason to disable poeple EMEDIATLY period! You could have contacted me about that issue first !!

kabukster@gain :o 

September 25, 2008 11:35:24 PM

Just wonderfull ... !!

Now, i get invallid username yaddayaddayadda when i try to acces this thread >_>

Are you realy trying to get rid of me or is this site realy **** up !!

Thanks but no thanks for this short / brief vissit -_-
!