Sign in with
Your question

RAID INSTALL ISSUE

Last response: in Windows XP
July 15, 2010 1:48:23 PM

Currently I cannot setup a RAID array on my motherboard, ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer with NF200 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard, every time I go to install XP, right before it loads Windows (after loading all the drivers), I get a blue screen having to do with the hdd setup. I know it is this because when I turn off the RAID 0 it works just fine. Any Ideas on why this configuration doesn't work or how I could make it work? Others who have bought this board said it was a breeze to install.....

More about : raid install issue

a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2010 3:17:18 PM

Did you install the RAID driver first, before trying to install windows? If not, that the problem. There is an F6 prompt at the start of the windows install for that specific reason.
m
l
July 16, 2010 2:22:28 AM

I keep trying to hit f6, but nothing happens, and even when I'm prompted to search for the driver, it doesn't have a floppy drive so it will never find it...Should I be able to install windows 7?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2010 2:30:51 AM

You need the RAID driver on a bootable floppy to load before windows starts the install. I don't think it will work from a USB drive, but you can try it.

If you want to set up a RAID array using windows 7, follow the steps from the 2nd post in this thread.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1390363
m
l
!