Sign in with
Your question

The disk in drive D: is not formatted

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 24, 2009 6:43:21 AM

First of all hi, i have hopefully a small problem with my external hardrive, its a elements 400gb, i have 3 main files on this, music, videos and photos and in these files are many more that branch of it, i can click on my videos and music folders and go in and browse or watch movies or listen to music, but yet when i try to go into my photos folder it says 'The disk in drive D: is not formatted, do you want to formatt now?' but wont this make me lose all my data. i wood be heartbrocken as i have photos that i would hate to lose...plz plz plz someone help me!!!

More about : disk drive formatted

a b G Storage
March 24, 2009 7:56:40 AM

Run a disk test and see what it says.
a b G Storage
March 24, 2009 2:35:10 PM

Data recovery software and/or:

Boot from the windows XP CD, press the "R" key in the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.
Enter the command: "FIXMBR" (without the quotes) at the input prompt and confirm the next question with a "Y" (without the quotes). Use exit to restore the computer.

Related resources
a b G Storage
March 24, 2009 2:36:30 PM

Partition Table Doctor is a magic partition recovery software for computer users to recover lost or deleted partitions and repair your partition problems, say, partition can not be accessed.
a b G Storage
March 24, 2009 3:17:36 PM

If you can, remove the hard disk and hook it up directly to the computer.
Then try recovery.
!