Good and cheap motherboard for overclocking my E6420

lethal_shrapnel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hi guys! First post here, and a newbie... :D

Guys I just want to ask, what is a good and cheap overclocking motherboard that can push my E6420@2.13GHz to 3.5 GHz up, that is, with a CPU Cooling and a high end DDR2 800~1200 RAM, is my PSU enough to deal with this? I have only 500W PSU, and my case is only a basic S99 Casing [LOL] :D, but never mind, please help me with this problem, I'm not too much of a gamer [Although I like playing COD4 :D], but I run softwares like Pro Tools 7, Adobe Audition, SONAR 7, and Reason 4.0

SPECS

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420@2.13GHZ, stock cooling
no mobo yet :)
no ram yet ;)
no videocard yet :kaola:
Seagate 250GB Barracuda SATA
Powerlogic 500W PSU
LG Lightscribe DVD RAM 20X
Samsung WriteMaster 18x
Basic S99SB Casing

And also I want to buy a cheap video card but can run COD4, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed to all max, [I can't buy the ATI 4xxx and GeForce GTX 260/280, hahaha!!!, too much for the price!] Please can someone suggest, it would be a great help [my setup as above]

Can someone please suggest a good combination of mobo and ram and cooling for my setup [is a Zalman9700NT enough to make my cpu cool enough?] ??? Oh BTW, I will have dual OS, Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Windows XP SP2...thanks so much!!! :bounce: :kaola: :bounce: