Audigy 2 ZS Bay & X-Fi Card

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I currently have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card. I am considering getting an X-Fi card but I am trying to shave money where possible.

I have seen that Audigy 2 ZS platinum drive bay and the X-Fi internal drive bay and they look identical with the only difference being the remote control that they use and the Audigy 2 ZS having an extra firewire port built in.

For the firewire port, I have a spare firewire header on my motherboard which I could use. But all the other internal connectors are identical.

With the above bought in mind, is it possible to use my Audigy 2 ZS bay with any X-Fi Sound Card??

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

I was of the thought it was a standard IDE cable.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
if good sound is your thing, good with an external (prefferably Firewire) sound interrface.

i have a m-audio fire 410, used for recording , but there are cheaper options.

really all i can say is i wouldnt buy Creative.

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
Excellent, so my instincts were right!! Thank you Crashman

One more thing. What complications if any will I suffer? If I get a X-Fi Gamer with just the card and then add the Audigy 2 ZS Drive Bay then will I not need to install any extra drivers to get the bay working or are the drivers provided on the CD general drivers for all flavours of X-Fi sound cards?

How well would the X-Fi and Audigy 2 ZS Plantium bay work under vista? I have heard a mixed bag of stories with regards to Creative cards and Vista so any people with experience in this sector feel free to contribute your experiences and any pitfalls that I may come up against!