Please help

I am having windows xp pro version and have an administrator account and
limited user accounts, all of which are password protected.
Sometime it so happens that after starting my computer and entering my
password, when I press enter it just hangs with dialog showing 'loading
youpersonal setting.'
At his time not a single key of the keyboard works.
I just have to close down the pc pressing power button and restart the
computer.
After restarting I can log on to my account.
As far as I have seen this happens intermittently.
Please let me know why this is happening and what's the remedy for this.
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about please help

    Hi. See if this article helps.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816873

    "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message
    >I am having windows xp pro version and have an administrator account and
    > limited user accounts, all of which are password protected.
    > Sometime it so happens that after starting my computer and entering my
    > password, when I press enter it just hangs with dialog showing 'loading
    > youpersonal setting.'
    > At his time not a single key of the keyboard works.
    > I just have to close down the pc pressing power button and restart the
    > computer.
    > After restarting I can log on to my account.
    > As far as I have seen this happens intermittently.
    > Please let me know why this is happening and what's the remedy for this.
    > Thanks.

    If you can not alt | tab to the hidden window, try another keyboard -
    preferably one that connects via a PS2 connector. See if that allows you to
    continue.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Jim" <Hjj@qmm.net> wrote in message
    > Hi. See if this article helps.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816873
    >
    > "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message
    >>I am having windows xp pro version and have an administrator account and
    >> limited user accounts, all of which are password protected.
    >> Sometime it so happens that after starting my computer and entering my
    >> password, when I press enter it just hangs with dialog showing 'loading
    >> youpersonal setting.'
    >> At his time not a single key of the keyboard works.
    >> I just have to close down the pc pressing power button and restart the
    >> computer.
    >> After restarting I can log on to my account.
    >> As far as I have seen this happens intermittently.
    >> Please let me know why this is happening and what's the remedy for this.
    >> Thanks.

    Thanks for your help Jim and Richard,

    Richard,
    You are right.
    alt/tab does not help me.
    Do I have to go for another keyboard or an adapter for PS2 connector
    available.
    Regards.

    Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    || If you can not alt | tab to the hidden window, try another keyboard -
    || preferably one that connects via a PS2 connector. See if that allows
    || you to continue.
    || --
    || Regards,
    || Richard Urban
    || Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    || Quote from: George Ankner
    || "If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    || You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!"
    || "Jim" <Hjj@qmm.net> wrote in message
    ||| Hi. See if this article helps.
    ||| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816873
    ||| "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message