Please help

August 1, 2005 1:15:45 PM

I am having windows xp pro version and have an administrator account and
limited user accounts, all of which are password protected.
Sometime it so happens that after starting my computer and entering my
password, when I press enter it just hangs with dialog showing 'loading
youpersonal setting.'
At his time not a single key of the keyboard works.
I just have to close down the pc pressing power button and restart the
computer.
After restarting I can log on to my account.
As far as I have seen this happens intermittently.
Please let me know why this is happening and what's the remedy for this.
Thanks.

More about : question

August 1, 2005 1:15:46 PM

Hi. See if this article helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816873

"newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message
>I am having windows xp pro version and have an administrator account and
> limited user accounts, all of which are password protected.
> Sometime it so happens that after starting my computer and entering my
> password, when I press enter it just hangs with dialog showing 'loading
> youpersonal setting.'
> At his time not a single key of the keyboard works.
> I just have to close down the pc pressing power button and restart the
> computer.
> After restarting I can log on to my account.
> As far as I have seen this happens intermittently.
> Please let me know why this is happening and what's the remedy for this.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:15:47 PM

If you can not alt | tab to the hidden window, try another keyboard -
preferably one that connects via a PS2 connector. See if that allows you to
continue.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"Jim" <Hjj@qmm.net> wrote in message
> Hi. See if this article helps.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816873
>
> "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message
>>I am having windows xp pro version and have an administrator account and
>> limited user accounts, all of which are password protected.
>> Sometime it so happens that after starting my computer and entering my
>> password, when I press enter it just hangs with dialog showing 'loading
>> youpersonal setting.'
>> At his time not a single key of the keyboard works.
>> I just have to close down the pc pressing power button and restart the
>> computer.
>> After restarting I can log on to my account.
>> As far as I have seen this happens intermittently.
>> Please let me know why this is happening and what's the remedy for this.
>> Thanks.

August 1, 2005 11:29:16 PM

Thanks for your help Jim and Richard,

Richard,
You are right.
alt/tab does not help me.
Do I have to go for another keyboard or an adapter for PS2 connector
available.
Regards.

!