EVGA 780i won't boot Windows XP during driver update...

El Duderino

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Putting together my very first custom build and I'm pretty stoked as it seems everything seems to be working. I finally hit a problem though when I tried to install the newest motherboard drivers off the Nvidia website. Went through the process of the uninstallation and when the I got to the windows boot up screen upon reset, my computer beeped at me and the screen went black. Tried a couple more times and got the same result.

I'd like to have the latest drivers for my mobo but I'd also like it to work as well. I'm having to type this on my laptop as I'm in the process of reinstalling windows on that machine. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be? I really appreciate any help as I'm rather green when it comes to this.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I've never had to uninstall mobo drivers in order to update them. As far as I know that whole driver uninstall/cleaner scenario is limited to VGAs. I've never had an SLI mobo though. Try just updating the drivers and see how that works.

El Duderino

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Re-installed windows and this time and skipped the install of the drivers off the cd's that I had. Probably should have done this the first time... Anyway, everything seems to be working well now, hopefully this doesnt happen down the line if I ever need to update drivers again.

TRENDING THREADS