Please Help Cant overclock cpu in bios

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I am using an MSI K9N6GM motherboard and when i go into bios to raise my cpu setting it is locked and i cant change my settings to overclock it, is anybody familiar with this motherboard or does anyone know how i can fix this problem to get in the setting it says its set at default and it's listed in grey font, so how do i change the default settings so i can get into my cpu to overclock it?

Thank you,

faster3200

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I did a google search and it seems most people can't OC, I think they locked the bios. Sorry to tell you that but MSI isn't really known for OCing anyway. You could try a newer bios and see if they unlocked it if you want.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Is it possible to add a different bios? i did upgrade this bios about 2 hours ago and it still was the same locked, but can you actually download a whole different bios to the motherboard and how would it be done and which one would be good to download?

faster3200

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008

When I said install I didn't mean physically replace, I just meant flash. I think he knew what I was talking about as I haven't seen anybody physically replace their bios in the past 3 years.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008

Hey i brought back that MSI mobo last night and got a cheaper ASUS board the M2N-MX SE PLUS, not the best mobo ASUS makes and cheap, but is capable of slight overclocking and out performs that junk MSI board by far.