Sign in with
Your question

RAID-JBOD size

Last response: in Storage
March 25, 2009 5:29:52 PM

Hello,

I have two hard drives plugged in through a raid card. Both are over 300GB. After going into the RAID bios to configure them, the capacity for each drive is 150GB. I am only able to combine them into 300GB total or have each disk separate @ 150GB each.
What is the issue?
I am running xp64

More about : raid jbod size

March 25, 2009 8:22:51 PM

tekzor said:
Hello,

I have two hard drives plugged in through a raid card. Both are over 300GB. After going into the RAID bios to configure them, the capacity for each drive is 150GB. I am only able to combine them into 300GB total or have each disk separate @ 150GB each.
What is the issue?
I am running xp64

What Raid card?
March 25, 2009 8:31:18 PM

Gatorbait said:
What Raid card?

adaptec from dell. I cant remember exactly but its out of production.
March 26, 2009 6:56:59 PM

sounds like the raid controller needs a firmware update.
dell last used the adaptec cards in the perc/2 series and below which is 6 or 7years ago (the switched to perc4 in the x650 series if i remember right)
they might still be using adaptec in some of the desktop lines.

so look for a perc2 firmware update or see if you can trace down the corresponding adaptec firmware. the lsi based perc 3/4/5/6 all will flash to LSI firmware im not positive that the perc 2 and below do the same.

if you can provide the adaptec controller version (aic-xxxxxx, aaa-xxxxxx ) its easy to track down the correct dell model. it'll show up when the bios on the card displays during machine post.
!