Sign in with
Your question

Offline Files driving me crazy.

Last response: in Windows XP
July 16, 2010 1:04:22 PM

Hi all, wondering if you can help me with this one.

I'm trying to fix an issue with Offline Files on a user's PC. The user has XP Professional, and they are connected to a brand new SBS2008 server. The user has Offline Files on her office PC (for some reason unbeknownst to myself), and it synchronizes fine- apart from one file. The file is an Excel 2003 worksheet, and appears fine and not corrupted in anyway. I've tried removing it from the path it is stored on, synchronizing on the user's PC, re-adding the file and then synching again, but it still doesn't work and I don't know what else to do, as this would normally fix this sort of issue.

Is it related to the fact that the Offline Files service on the SBS2008 server will not start and errors ('0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified') when I do so?

Thanks in advance.
July 16, 2010 10:19:39 PM

is the file protected in any way? Sometimes people protect it so that users cant even copy them. If not, try opening the file on a separate computer, and re-save it to that location while deleting the old copy. It could just be something wrong with the file itself thats causing problems.
July 17, 2010 2:03:22 AM

Have you loaded the file, done a "Save as" with a different name, move the original away, rename new file to old file's name and try again? Notice I didn't say delete original.
!