V551 poor battery life.....

Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per day.
Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
I'm returning it tomorrow :(
5 answers Last reply
More about v551 poor battery life

    My V551 battery lasts 3 to 4 days. Get another battery.

    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ct2flh$8gv$1@lenny.tc.umn.edu...
    | Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
    | I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
    | My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per
    day.
    | Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
    | I'm returning it tomorrow :(

    It's not the phone. It is most likely the battery. I get 4 days with mild
    usage on mine before it drops to 1 bar. That's not even the flashing bar,
    just when it first goes to one bar.

    It must be your battery ... my charge lasts for a few days with 15 minutes
    or less talk minutes.
    ___________________
    Ann
    Motorola V551
    iPAQ 4355
    iPAQ 3850

    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ct2flh$8gv$1@lenny.tc.umn.edu...
    > Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
    > I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
    > My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per
    > day.
    > Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
    > I'm returning it tomorrow :(

    I think, you have a faulty battery. This phone usually gives you 2-3 days
    battery life with normal usage.

    Imran
    http://www.mobileisgood.com

    nospam@nospam.com wrote:

    > Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
    > I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
    > My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per day.
    > Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
    > I'm returning it tomorrow :(

    I only charge mine every few days or so. Either your battery or charger
    isn't playing nice.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Cingular Battery Internet Service Providers