V551 poor battery life.....

Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per day.
Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
I'm returning it tomorrow :(

dick

My V551 battery lasts 3 to 4 days. Get another battery.

<nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ct2flh$8gv$1@lenny.tc.umn.edu...
| Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
| I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
| My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per
day.
| Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
| I'm returning it tomorrow :(

It's not the phone. It is most likely the battery. I get 4 days with mild
usage on mine before it drops to 1 bar. That's not even the flashing bar,
just when it first goes to one bar.

ann

It must be your battery ... my charge lasts for a few days with 15 minutes
or less talk minutes.
___________________
Ann
Motorola V551
iPAQ 4355
iPAQ 3850

<nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ct2flh$8gv$1@lenny.tc.umn.edu...
> Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
> I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
> My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per
> day.
> Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
> I'm returning it tomorrow :(

I think, you have a faulty battery. This phone usually gives you 2-3 days
battery life with normal usage.

Imran
http://www.mobileisgood.com

<nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ct2flh$8gv$1@lenny.tc.umn.edu...
> Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
> I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
> My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per
day.
> Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
> I'm returning it tomorrow :(

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

nospam@nospam.com wrote:

> Why is the new V551 battery so poor. only last one day?
> I hardly making any calls. Bluetooth turned off.
> My old blackberry battery last at least 3 days plus over 500 emails per day.
> Only reason I wanted it is because of the EDGE network.
> I'm returning it tomorrow :(

I only charge mine every few days or so. Either your battery or charger
isn't playing nice.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'