HELP PLEASE!! 3 Beeps and No display

dratsabizan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I moved this from the CPU section as this is more of the appropriate place for it. BUT ANY PLEASE HELP.

Ok I started up my computer and even before it gets done with the checking of the bios and what not,it restarts.
Upon restart it gives me 3 beeps and that is it. No display ,no nothing. So I tried 3 different sets of memory in different slots and all that. tried 2 other gpu's (1 requiring power the other not) still nothing and still got these 3 beeps. So I am stuck and haven't a clue where to go from here. Here are the specs.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G
C2D e6600 @3.0
2GB GSkill 800 RAM
550 thermaltake PSU
8800 gtx EVGA

So please master computer GURU's I need yor help.

Have you reset the bios? You can do this by moving the cmos jumper over one position, or popping out the board battery for a couple of seconds. If you get a post screen, trying going into the bios and increasing the memory voltage to 2.0 and see if this helps. As a last resort, take everything out of the case and do a bare post on the box the board came in or a phonebook, with just one stick of memory, cpu/heatsink, and video. And be sure the power supply lead is connected to the 8800gtx.

dratsabizan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Let me start off by saying thanks for the response.I have done all that and still nothing. Would the board beep if the CPU was bad. Wouldn't you need a working CPU for it to beep? I can't even get into the bios....it just beeps and won't do anything else. I have went to the AWARDS Bios site and there is no beep code for 3 short beeps. I am just lost. i am beginning to think it may be the board.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
3 beeps is bad memory or a bad memory controller. try different memory. If that doesn't do it, then your MCH is fried and you need a new motherboard