Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

8800gt or 9600gt

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • PCI Express
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 3, 2008 8:36:32 PM

hi guys
which do u think is the best card of these 2, considering the cost;strengths;and the manufacturers

the 8800 should on paper be better but bfg is good solid and very overclockable & excellant warranty

the palit has excellent cooling but i dont know how good oc is and warranty

512MB BFG Technology 9600GT, OC, PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800MHz, GDDR3, GPU 675MHz, Stream 64, 2x DL DVI-I

£101.96 Ex VAT
£119.80 Inc VAT

512MB Palit 8800GT PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800 MHz GDDR3, GPU 600 MHz, Streams 112, 2x DL DVI-I

£118.46 Ex VAT
£139.19 Inc VAT

my sys im building has
corsair 620psu
2g crucial balistix mem
gigabyte ga-p31-ds3l board
intel p4 2180 cpu

want a fun sys to tinker with -possibly!

any advice welcome
ty
reptile11

More about : 8800gt 9600gt

March 3, 2008 9:20:48 PM

512MB Palit 8800GT PCI-E 2.0 and OC it.

(Never in my life thought i would recommend Palit)
March 3, 2008 9:23:16 PM

The stock 8800gt destroys the 9600gt…

The 9600 in this case is OC, I would think this would make it pretty close perhaps exceeding the 8800.

BUT! The 8800 is stock, apply a small OC to even the playing field and the 8800GT will own that 9600.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
March 3, 2008 9:25:51 PM

Who is Palit anyway? Never really heard of them, but they seem to have good prices on newegg.
March 3, 2008 9:39:12 PM

thanks guys
is the palit any good for oc ?
I know the bfg 9600gt is good
what about warranty?
reptile11
March 4, 2008 1:49:11 PM

anyone else got any different opinion
thanks
reptile11
March 4, 2008 2:13:24 PM

ohiou_grad_06 said:
Who is Palit anyway? Never really heard of them, but they seem to have good prices on newegg.

They manufacture the boards for Leadtek and Gainward, i think. Recently they started to manufacture mainboards as well.
March 4, 2008 2:19:50 PM

i have checked this out and its alittle odd
they use 3rd party ie the retailer
that may be a real cop out!
reptile11
March 4, 2008 4:31:39 PM

still cant find out what exactly their warranty is!
can anyone advise on quality and reliability of the palit card
thanks
reptile11
March 5, 2008 7:28:00 AM

ok found out that it gives 2yrs warranty
can anyone tell me if there is a problem in fitting this card to this board
gigabyte ga-p31-ds3l
thanks
reptile11
March 5, 2008 8:04:55 AM

Get whatever's cheaper.
Seriously, the difference is minimal.

Although the 9600 may come down in price later on so you can stack another one on when you think it'll be worth it.
March 5, 2008 10:37:16 AM

Get the 8800GT.
a c 120 U Graphics card
March 5, 2008 11:33:18 AM


Actually I think they now OWN gainward brand.
March 5, 2008 12:49:20 PM

I own a Palit 8800GT 512MB DDR3 pci 2.0 etc. It was cheap and in stock. It's a nVidia reference card (stock) and not the sonic version. I've heard of problems with the sonic model but thankfully mine works perfectly well. You'll probably lose a few points at the benchmark but that's the price you pay. I've never tried to OC it, though.
----------------
e6750/Asus P5k SE/Palit 8800GT 512mb/2x1 GB corsair xms2-6400 800mhz/x-fi xtremegamer/logitech x-540
March 6, 2008 1:22:40 AM

reptile11 said:
ok found out that it gives 2yrs warranty
can anyone tell me if there is a problem in fitting this card to this board
gigabyte ga-p31-ds3l
thanks
reptile11


I would never buy a video card with only a 2 year warranty. Thats exactly when the card dies.
March 6, 2008 1:31:08 AM

MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm tempted to get this one myself!! heh ...

I have mixed feelings on MSI but for 200 bucks can't beat that.

reptile11 said:
hi guys
which do u think is the best card of these 2, considering the cost;strengths;and the manufacturers

the 8800 should on paper be better but bfg is good solid and very overclockable & excellant warranty

the palit has excellent cooling but i dont know how good oc is and warranty

512MB BFG Technology 9600GT, OC, PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800MHz, GDDR3, GPU 675MHz, Stream 64, 2x DL DVI-I

£101.96 Ex VAT
£119.80 Inc VAT

512MB Palit 8800GT PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800 MHz GDDR3, GPU 600 MHz, Streams 112, 2x DL DVI-I

£118.46 Ex VAT
£139.19 Inc VAT

my sys im building has
corsair 620psu
2g crucial balistix mem
gigabyte ga-p31-ds3l board
intel p4 2180 cpu

want a fun sys to tinker with -possibly!

any advice welcome
ty
reptile11

March 6, 2008 1:41:32 AM

hmmm try this one instead.

EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you can anyway... Apparently they offer a lifetime warranty which has me sold heh ...

reptile11 said:
hi guys
which do u think is the best card of these 2, considering the cost;strengths;and the manufacturers

the 8800 should on paper be better but bfg is good solid and very overclockable & excellant warranty

the palit has excellent cooling but i dont know how good oc is and warranty

512MB BFG Technology 9600GT, OC, PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800MHz, GDDR3, GPU 675MHz, Stream 64, 2x DL DVI-I

£101.96 Ex VAT
£119.80 Inc VAT

512MB Palit 8800GT PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800 MHz GDDR3, GPU 600 MHz, Streams 112, 2x DL DVI-I

£118.46 Ex VAT
£139.19 Inc VAT

my sys im building has
corsair 620psu
2g crucial balistix mem
gigabyte ga-p31-ds3l board
intel p4 2180 cpu

want a fun sys to tinker with -possibly!

any advice welcome
ty
reptile11

!