Can I update my bios this way?

Grackus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=M2N-E

I installed my new cpu but then I got no video after doing. It looks like I need to get the new bios for my motherboard.

So I have to put the old cpu back on then update my bios then put my new cpu back on…pain in the butt. Anyway, that link up there is where the new bios are.

I was going to use the ASUS EZ Flash 2 Utility (where you just download the bios to a flash drive then show it where the new drivers are). But if you look at that link it says under version 1202 “Do not use EZ-Flash to flash BIOS if M/B BIOS version is below 0203”.

I’m sure mine is below that because I got mine in July 2006 or so. So should I not use the EZ-Flash? I’m not installing that set of bois I’m using a newer one but still….what do you think?

I want to make this easy as possible...I have never updated my bios so I'm a little nervous.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Then boot up the computer with your old cpu and see which version of BIOS it's running on. You should be able to see it while in bios screen itself or in Windows with third party utilities.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
If it says not to do it... dont simple as that...

Id use Dagger's suggestion, boot with the old cpu and check bios version, i think it actually displays it in the EZ flash utiliity as well