Closed

ICON THAT WON'T GO AWAY

Tags:
  • Taskbar
  • Printers
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
February 13, 2012 10:00:19 PM

I've got this printer icon on my notification area of the taskbar that will not go away, I've tried all I can to get rid of it & it still remains. :cry: 

More about : icon

February 14, 2012 6:50:55 AM

Goldie01 said:
I've got this printer icon on my notification area of the taskbar that will not go away, I've tried all I can to get rid of it & it still remains. :cry: 

Have you looked in Startup Programs to see if something is left relating to the printer ? I assume you deleted the printer & uninstalled all SW.
Score
February 14, 2012 1:48:24 PM

I didn't remove a printer, it's that the icon at the bottom will not go away. It's weird, I know.
Score
Related resources
February 14, 2012 2:18:16 PM

Goldie01 said:
I didn't remove a printer, it's that the icon at the bottom will not go away. It's weird, I know.

Why do you want it to go away ?
Is it for the printer you have installed ? - I would assume.
Score
February 14, 2012 3:43:30 PM

This is the icon for letting me know that there is "Document's Pending", NOT the MAIN icon. There is no documents pending & it's still there.
Score

Best solution

February 14, 2012 4:26:16 PM

Goldie01 said:
This is the icon for letting me know that there is "Document's Pending", NOT the MAIN icon. There is no documents pending & it's still there.

Give this a try:
Right click the empty space in the Task Bar, then select “Properties.”

On the main page of the properties.. select “Customize” on the bottom of the screen. On this new screen locate the listing for your printer and click on it.

Now you can set the icon to be “Always Hidden” “Always Show” or “Hide when Inactive.”

It sounds like you have it set to “Always Show.”
February 14, 2012 5:16:14 PM

Best answer selected by Goldie01.
Score
February 14, 2012 6:02:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!