Reset sony bios

You'll have to supply more details, but I'll give something up without any more...

If you have a passworded laptop, at the BIOS level, and you want to pull a pin, short a jumper or any of that kind of stuff, you're out of luck The password is held in a chip that has no reset function. Experts have de-soldered the chip and replaced them, but this is no job for the ordinary person.

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Additionally to what Tigsounds has said, if it is NOT password protected at the BIOS level, when the computer first boots up, it should show you 2 options if only for a second while the BIOS/loader are started. Try one of those options. If you do not see those options, try pushing one of the following keys repeatedly the moment you hit the power button. First is the F12 key, and second is the Delete key. If neither of those work, try the F5 key (i dont know why, but one of the people that programmed the bios for sony computers decided F5 was an appropriate key to make people push instead fo the industry standard.)

Good Luck!

If you do not see those options, try pushing one of the following keys repeatedly the moment you hit the power button.

I do appreciate an improvement to a post, and here you have done just that.
You said to push the key(s) repeatedly. This is correct.

I cringe when I see someone else say to "Hold the F8 key down" and power on the computer (to get to the Windows load options). This used to cause an ID 308 error which is now an ID 0210 error (BIOS senses stuck key).

You get one "atta-boy"
:wahoo: