Live messenger contact list is empty

hi i'm having trouble with messenger after i've formatted. i'm using xp x64 operating system and it allows live messenger 8.0 the most updated. first i install 7.5 and everything was fine. than i found 8.0 and install now i cant see my contact on messenger the list is completely empty.
hope someone can help.
5 answers Last reply
More about live messenger contact list empty
  1. I cant remember for sure, but i believe that there is an option in settings that limits the users you can and cant see in your messenger contact list. Its an option with a setting something to the effect of "display/dont display offline contacts". Otherwise, i would suggest uninstalling the 8.0 version, and reinstalling the 7.5 and wait for a patch.
  2. i know installing 7.5 is a solution but why 8.0 doesn't work =/ 7.5 reminds me past=)
  3. Sometimes when a software is updated, it doesnt work for everyone due to different configurations, updates, OS's, etc. It might just be that your current verison of windows and windows updates, isnt liking/compatible with the new update yet. Wait until they have a chance to do some patches. That might solve your issue.
  4. thank you i'll wait and see..
  5. i started to think that my modem is the thing tha causes this problem. i've found a few topics about it. have anybody ever heard tılgın? i use a 10 mbit connection though superonline fiber optic and they gave me the tılgın modem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Messenger X64 Windows XP