Sign in with
Your question

Live messenger contact list is empty

Last response: in Windows XP
July 16, 2010 4:58:10 PM

hi i'm having trouble with messenger after i've formatted. i'm using xp x64 operating system and it allows live messenger 8.0 the most updated. first i install 7.5 and everything was fine. than i found 8.0 and install now i cant see my contact on messenger the list is completely empty.
hope someone can help.
July 16, 2010 7:08:05 PM

I cant remember for sure, but i believe that there is an option in settings that limits the users you can and cant see in your messenger contact list. Its an option with a setting something to the effect of "display/dont display offline contacts". Otherwise, i would suggest uninstalling the 8.0 version, and reinstalling the 7.5 and wait for a patch.
m
l
July 23, 2010 1:14:03 AM

i know installing 7.5 is a solution but why 8.0 doesn't work =/ 7.5 reminds me past=)
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2010 5:27:29 AM

Sometimes when a software is updated, it doesnt work for everyone due to different configurations, updates, OS's, etc. It might just be that your current verison of windows and windows updates, isnt liking/compatible with the new update yet. Wait until they have a chance to do some patches. That might solve your issue.
m
l
July 24, 2010 8:45:24 PM

thank you i'll wait and see..
m
l
August 3, 2010 10:05:23 AM

i started to think that my modem is the thing tha causes this problem. i've found a few topics about it. have anybody ever heard tılgın? i use a 10 mbit connection though superonline fiber optic and they gave me the tılgın modem.
m
l
!