Getting back the original windows administrator

G

Hiya...i can find my old original administrator ( in documents and settings ) But...there is no icon showing to select the administrator user account ....before this i had also lost all of my desktop icons - screensaver - start button and the whole dam toolbar

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
to attempt to retrieve your Toolbar, icons etc. press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time to open the windows task manager.
Go to processes and look up a process called "explorer.exe". End this process by highlighting the lineitem and clicking the end task button in the lower right hand corner of the Windows Task Manager.
After you have ended that process, go to the file option in the upper left hand corner of the Windows Task manager and select the "New Task...(Run)" option.
When the "Run" box appear, enter "explorer.exe" and click OK. This should get your Start button and desktop back.
Once you have that back. Go to the control panel.
From there find user account settings and see how you have everything set up.
Make sure that you have the administration account activated/set up.

Hope this helps.

G

Hiya...thank you for your reply...i tried the above...but there was still no change, it does not show anything of my first original admiistrator user account.

Thank you for trying

Nic

Nic Newby

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Sorted it in the end by going CTRL+SHIFT+ESC ....twice..... and then changing the user name to administrator and were in. But still no joy on the getting back my toolbar.....But a big thanks to this forums helpful people and info