Question about +12v rails

Sorry, I couldn't find precisely the answer I was looking for when I searched, although I'm sure this question has been asked before.

My PSU (BFG 650W) has two +12v rails at 20A per. Will that satisfy the requirement of a +12v rail with 22A? I'm asking specifically for the the 9600GT. I couldn't find the system requirements directly from NVIDIA, but I found a requirement of 22A on a +12v mentioned in a few articles.
4 answers Last reply
More about question rails
  1. You are more than fine. The BFG label is lacking in info really, but their 650W with dual 20 amp rails is supposed to be a combined 38 amp max .... enough to power any single card.
  2. Sweet action. Thanks for the quick response.
  3. I read that the BFG 650w PSU has issues. It may work for you but there are better power supplies out there that are more reliable.

I googled and discovered that the 600w version of the BFG PSU has max. combined load for the +12v rails is 39A.

"The maximum combined load for the +12V1 and +12V2 outputs is 39A."

This is definitely enough for your video card but if you can find a more reliable PSU for the money, do consider it. BFG video cards are great but I'm just going by what I found via google (i.e. people's experiences with the BFG power supplies). Also, a lot of it is based on opinions so YMMV.
  4. I think he already owns the BFG. Otherwise for a single 9600GT I would have recommended a $50 Antec 430W (30A combined 12v).
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product