A Question needing answering!

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Right i no that if i place my cpu on this format:-

E4600: 12.0x200 = 2.40 GHz
E4600: 12.0x237 = 2.81 GHz
E4600: 12.0x250 = 3.00 GHz

Now my mate says if you overclock the cpu you need to drop youre memory speed but i got 800mhz ram it running atm on cpuz @ 400mhz this is sli nividia ram btw it raises to 1033mhz on any nforce board as it has some boosting crap added in it!

Now the mobo i have is a gigabyte p35c-ds3 this mobo handles - The Intel® P35 Express Chipset supports the latest multi-core processors up to FSB 1333MHz and also surports Dual Channel DDR2 1066
Experience the advanced technology of DDR2 1066* memory, featuring faster speeds and higher data bandwidth, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
And also surports DDR3 - now i got 4gb of ddr2 800mhz is it possible to overclock the cpu + ram to a faster speed than i got on this board as it ant nforce mobo but it shows in the cpuz that the epp and evc memory addons are there yet does the pc know this ? or just cpuz can i adjust this and if yes what to any one give me advice would be thankfull than referring me to another website as im on 56K- (mobile internet atm and refreshing the forums takes 4mins -.-).

As i dont realy want to lower my ram as vista ultimate kinda hinders it already :p

faster3200

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
You are supposed to reduce the mem speed when CPU OCing because that way you know when you get an error that the CPU is not stable instead of the ram. As long as it is all stable it doesn't really matter though.

In order to slow the ram down you will need to adjust the divider to a 1:1 ratio and from there start OCing. The ram might be running unlinked right now and if so that actually makes it perform less efficiently.